Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

what fish at rathbeggan lakes

• 08-08-2009 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hi there im new to this forum i was wondering what fish is in the kiddies pond/lake at rathbeggan lakes THANKS:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sickofcats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 davidsherwin

thanks for the link sickofcats but i already cheked there and it dousent say what fish is in the kiddies pond/lake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

as far as i know its just rainbow trout in the kiddies lake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sickofcats

The link brings ya to the Home page... click on Fishing on the Left /

side, That brings up a menu that mentions coarse fishing ...

I,ve never been there so I,m gonna hazard a guess that the Kids lake is bait only and is stocked with trout,,, I,m sure I,ll be corrected on that point if I,m wrong.

But there were contact numbers on the bottom of the home page, surely a phone call today (Sunday) would have given you the information you required????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭ravey

Just to let you know, we recently recieved a new stocking of Trout to about 5lbs from a new supplier, and we have to say they are really great fish, who dont like coming to the shore at all! Great scrappers and fully finned. Well worth a cast!
    With the fine weather we are still allowing bait fishing on the main lake, again a purely commercial decision, but as soon as we get to the end of the month or so, it will be back to Fly Only on the main lake. And we will have another load of these beauties for you to get arm ache!
    This last weekend was extremely busy and to those who feel it a bit of a circus during the fine months, please hold tight, its the busy times like this that help us to be open for you right throughout the autumn and winter months. Hope youll visit soon.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

I went fishing for the first time yesterday at Rathbeggan. I'll definitely be going back again. Just wondering though. On the web-site it says the lakes are open from Easter to October. Does it close in October?

Nope, we are open all year round, its just the family park stuff that closes down so the fishings a bit more peaceful!
    We will shortly be offering a weekday discount ticket and will post when confirmed. See you soon again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

Great! I usually work the weekends so weekday discounts are perfect for me!

RECESSION BUSTER FISHING PRICES

FISH ALL DAY FOR FIFTEEN EUROS!

Its looking like a long winter ahead, and you want to get out fishing as much as possible, but you’re finding it just a bit too pricey?

Well cast your eye over this amazing offer from Rathbeggan Lakes in Dunshaughlin, just North of Dublin on the N3

From the First of November 2009, Anglers can enjoy a full days catch

and release fly fishing, at RATHBEGGAN LAKES any day of the week, for

just 15 euros!

Yes it’s true; this recession buster is available right throughout the winter. Adult or Junior, Short visit, or stay all day, the price is the same! Just fifteen euros!

Not only that, but when you come, you can pick up one of our “Weekday Voucher Tickets” which entitles you to a

FULL DAY MONDAY TO FRIDAY FOR JUST €10!

These price reductions (in some cases a cut of over 50%) are designed to allow you the angler, access to one of the regions top fisheries all through the winter at a price that certainly wont break the bank!

For those of us who like to spend time outdoors, its important to keep getting out there all year round. We get to indulge in our hobby, we get out of the house, and we get to meet other people and exchange chat and ideas.
    Probably even more important in our current circumstances!

SO HERES THE DEAL…….
    Come fishing any day for just €15, and when you’re here, pick up one of our €10 weekday tickets. Come back any weekday within that month and you just pay a tenner for your day! And you can take another €10 ticket on that day too!
    (Ten Euro Tickets limited to 100 per month, One per angler per visit)

We guarantee that you‘ll enjoy your day!
    So, come on, Lets go fishing! (Bait Fishing offers available too. See website for details. www.rathbegganlakes.com

RATHBEGGAN LAKES are open every day from 9.00am till Dusk.
    Tel. 01 8240197

ravey wrote: »
    RECESSION BUSTER FISHING PRICES

FISH ALL DAY FOR FIFTEEN EUROS!

Its looking like a long winter ahead, and you want to get out fishing as much as possible, but you’re finding it just a bit too pricey?

Well cast your eye over this amazing offer from Rathbeggan Lakes in Dunshaughlin, just North of Dublin on the N3

From the First of November 2009, Anglers can enjoy a full days catch

and release fly fishing, at RATHBEGGAN LAKES any day of the week, for

just 15 euros!

Yes it’s true; this recession buster is available right throughout the winter. Adult or Junior, Short visit, or stay all day, the price is the same! Just fifteen euros!

Not only that, but when you come, you can pick up one of our “Weekday Voucher Tickets” which entitles you to a

FULL DAY MONDAY TO FRIDAY FOR JUST €10!

These price reductions (in some cases a cut of over 50%) are designed to allow you the angler, access to one of the regions top fisheries all through the winter at a price that certainly wont break the bank!

For those of us who like to spend time outdoors, its important to keep getting out there all year round. We get to indulge in our hobby, we get out of the house, and we get to meet other people and exchange chat and ideas.
    Probably even more important in our current circumstances!

SO HERES THE DEAL…….
    Come fishing any day for just €15, and when you’re here, pick up one of our €10 weekday tickets. Come back any weekday within that month and you just pay a tenner for your day! And you can take another €10 ticket on that day too!
    (Ten Euro Tickets limited to 100 per month, One per angler per visit)

We guarantee that you‘ll enjoy your day!
    So, come on, Lets go fishing! (Bait Fishing offers available too. See website for details. www.rathbegganlakes.com

RATHBEGGAN LAKES are open every day from 9.00am till Dusk.
    Tel. 01 8240197
    Just to refresh our winter prices. Plenty of fish being caught especially since the weather calmed down a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Hows things Ravey,

Quick question, is bait fishing still available on the main lake? My brother is coming over for a week and wants to go fishing but cant fly fish.... If its not is there still bait fishing for trout anywhere?

Advertisement