Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farcry 2

• 08-08-2009 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

I've just started playing Farcry 2 recently and one huge factor is putting me off playing it. The movement of the character - its really really slow! I feel like im controlling an old age pensioner. I know there is a sprint button but when pressing that its still not going very fast. Has the developers ever ran in real life? And the sprint runs out after a few seconds.

Im stuck at the game at the moment. Im just near the start. Ive set a woman free from some shack and my payment is in diamonds. Well the game says the diamonds are in the slaughter house and that the green light stops flashing when its in your sight. Well its stopped flashing but the diamonds are nowhere in sight.

I dont know if i'll play on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

bought this on release day and probably the worst game i've bought. traded it in after awhile i just couldn't play it anymore, it wrecked my head. just to many things annoyed me especially the armed checkpoints on the road. on a way to a mission you come across one and you kill everyone then on the way back the place is full again.maybe some people liked it and maybe i should have stuck it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Picked up the SE of this cheap on the internet last week and been playing it, find it good enough once you get into it.

@Seeker, use vehicles a lot for transport, the map is far too big to run everywhere.
    And the Green light only stops flashing, i.e. is constantly on green, when you are facing in the direction of diamond NOT when it is in your plain sight, just walk in that direction unstil you find it. When you're really close to a diamond a bleeping sound starts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Seeker wrote: »
    I've just started playing Farcry 2 recently and one huge factor is putting me off playing it. The movement of the character - its really really slow! I feel like im controlling an old age pensioner. I know there is a sprint button but when pressing that its still not going very fast. Has the developers ever ran in real life? And the sprint runs out after a few seconds.

Im stuck at the game at the moment. Im just near the start. Ive set a woman free from some shack and my payment is in diamonds. Well the game says the diamonds are in the slaughter house and that the green light stops flashing when its in your sight. Well its stopped flashing but the diamonds are nowhere in sight.

I dont know if i'll play on.

The problem is that you're used to moving fast in call of duty, I had the same problem as well, you'll get used to it though. The game is flawed greatly. The game is too large, you'll most of your time driving. There isn't enough bus stops in the game so a lot of the time you wouldn't be arsed to travel miles to a complete a missions which are dull and boring, blow up this etc.

You will have to go on annoying treks to purchase new weapons, ugh.

It's biggest flaw is that it trys too hard to be realistic. Sure, removing bullets from your leg with a knife/repairing your jeep seems cool however, it's gets very annoying very quickly, slows the game down greatly. Especially if you have some chasing you and all of sudden your jeep is smoking.

Online play is awful, it's very hard to get in a game if you have people in a party wanting to play with you also, you always seem to get into custom
    made maps which are usually are poor made, for example I noticed that spawn killing is always evident in custom made maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

It had potential to be amazing but its sad how some small flaws ruin the entire game.

The lack of a Fast-Travel system and the fact that 99% of the NPC's in the game are out to kill you just makes playing the game feel like a chore.

I might offload my copy on that gamestop €5 list thingy if its still going and get another game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

this is the prettiest game of the year! the graphics are amazing!

the problem is thet cod4 set a bar for games to raise up to but how can u compete with modern warfare its amazing:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I think a sandbox is only as good as your way around it, and the interactions you have. Just driving, at excruciating slow pace to the most basic of tasks, combined with random enemies popping up ALL THE TIME at roads just makes this a chore.

I know they're not simlar games in many ways, but look at how much fun you can have running around the city in GTA, Saints Row, Prototype etc.

Red Factions suffers this too, cool building destruction, giant weapons, big bulky vehicles that go at 20 mph for MILES of barren desert... It might be 'like' mars or like driving through a huge jungel in FC2 but that's not why I buy games. If I want to drive a crappy car though a wasteland I'll hop on the M50 thanks!

FC was great, the sequel just felt so disappointing. I was looking forward to intelligent stealth killing, big blazing gun battles, fires, explosions. Not a being totally bloody lost in the jungle simulator!

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I was really enjoying playing through this but my save file became corrupted at 69% (and 22 hours game time) they released a patch that was supposed to solve this bug in 80% of cases or something, didn't work in my case! i'm buggered if i'm starting again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

mailrewop wrote: »
    bought this on release day and probably the worst game i've bought. traded it in after awhile i just couldn't play it anymore, it wrecked my head. just to many things annoyed me especially the armed checkpoints on the road. on a way to a mission you come across one and you kill everyone then on the way back the place is full again.maybe some people liked it and maybe i should have stuck it out.

+1

Without a doubt the most frustrating game I've bought in recent years...

Get in car, Head from location A to B, clear guard post, clearout another guard post, hear jeep approach from behind, try and ignore because you've wasted too much time on guardposts, finally pull over to deal with jeep after your own has been shot to hell, kill occupants, VROOOMMMM another jeep approaches out of no-where and kills you instantly.

Repeat times 100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Add to the fact that Far Cry is ment to be an FPS and its has the weakest guns in a game ever that are all modeled reversed with shells ejecting on the left, games since GoldenEye had this right. Shoot a guy in the head with a high powered rifle a few times and he just stands there looking at you, might as well be playing Halo3 with its shileds.

The only thing good about the game is the graphics engine. After that its a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Add to the fact that Far Cry is ment to be an FPS and its has the weakest guns in a game ever that are all modeled reversed with shells ejecting on the left, games since GoldenEye had this right. Shoot a guy in the head with a high powered rifle a few times and he just stands there looking at you, might as well be playing Halo3 with its shileds.

The only thing good about the game is the graphics engine. After that its a mess.

Forgot about the guns. Also, hated how a brand new rifle would turn into an inoperable heap of rust within a half hour.

edit. Special mention for the piss-poor sound mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Its just tooooo realistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

the driving from A to B, getting lost and armed checkpoints are the most annoying thing gotta say. A failed sandbox imo

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

This game is driving me mad aswell. Finished the first mission and I'm sick of it already. The guns are crap, the guard posts respawning are really annoying and the driving is not enjoyable at all.

Not as good as much fun as the first Farcry game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Soby wrote: »
    Its just tooooo realistic

It really is. I can see far cry 3: depression.

You sit in your flat for 20 hours before shuffling to bed. You repeat for several days then die of malnutrition. It took four years to make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

why do the guys in the cars know who you are from miles away?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Crap game....run around in the bush shooting the odd numpty that drives your way. Finally get to a mission and its pants. Then have a malaria attack and have to travel miles back to a village while on the way encountering more numpties in the same cars and even though you cleared all their guard posts out they magically re appear. Quite possibly the most dissapointing game ever from the great hype it had to the crap that they decided to ship.

If they updated it to fix the above it would be a decent game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Anyone suffer the same problem I have?

Loaded the game up there around 50% done and no mission locations on the map?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I bought it just before Christmas in the "buy 2 get 1 free" deal in Gamestop. Turned it on and started playing and thought "wow what a slick game". Actually the first FPS I played on the XBox 360 (only had mine 1 month at that stage). After doing a mission or two it has become so repetitive and dull. Finished playing it already.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This bloody game has me pulling my hair out.
    WTF? Wasn't it supposed to be good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

This bloody game has me pulling my hair out.
    WTF? Wasn't it supposed to be good?

supposed to be yea, but they messed up big time, i've had more fun installing ubuntu and getting all the drivers working properly.... bloody card reader!

terrible game

• Advertisement
Advertisement