Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael McIntyre

Options
  • 08-08-2009 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Don't me to be rude but how did this chap ever become a comedian?
    gastly man.
    Sorry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Unfunny turd of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bnbdon

Ah he's horrible I feel sorry for people who like him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 iownaface

sorry, but i cant help but feel people who slate comedians are actin a bit above themselves in a way. fair enough, people have a right to an opinion-and i dont expect to waste mine by being ridiculously 'open minded' on a forum against michael mcintyre (spelling?), but its so easy to be harsh against a comedian who you dont like, where people dont come out shouting against a musician cos they prefer a different style.

i mean, i cannot tolerate watching lee evans, and comedy central uk's addiction to showing his live stuff makes me gag, i think it voids someones opinion to express such a distaste for a comedian as to say you feel sorry for people who like them. comedy, like music, is a taste issue, and when a comedian can gain a decent rep for themselves without exactly catering for your type, i think its sh*te to slate them as sh*t because you dont personally get them.

generic response maybe, but such an easy thing to assault somebody for not actually doing anything wrong, aside from not catering to your specific need....am i wrong..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

iownaface wrote: »
    sorry, but i cant help but feel people who slate comedians are actin a bit above themselves in a way. fair enough, people have a right to an opinion-and i dont expect to waste mine by being ridiculously 'open minded' on a forum against michael mcintyre (spelling?), but its so easy to be harsh against a comedian who you dont like, where people dont come out shouting against a musician cos they prefer a different style.

i mean, i cannot tolerate watching lee evans, and comedy central uk's addiction to showing his live stuff makes me gag, i think it voids someones opinion to express such a distaste for a comedian as to say you feel sorry for people who like them. comedy, like music, is a taste issue, and when a comedian can gain a decent rep for themselves without exactly catering for your type, i think its sh*te to slate them as sh*t because you dont personally get them.

generic response maybe, but such an easy thing to assault somebody for not actually doing anything wrong, aside from not catering to your specific need....am i wrong..

I like your opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Love him, find him very funny. Going to see him in september
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

He's a hell of a performer, his material is pretty atrocious, but he gets randomers laughing through his execution. He won't have anyone forgetting who Bill Hicks was but there's room for a variety of comedy surely. Your granny would probably like him, but I would never watch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

He should improve greatly once his voice breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I think he's good. I've heard alot worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'm all for abusing groups of people and making sweeping generalisations but singling out one person for personal abuse is not cool. No matter how famous someone is, they're still human, with feelings as fragile as the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

tech77 wrote: »
    Don't me to be rude but how did this prick ever become a comedian?
    Fcukhead.
    Sorry.

Yes, its such a shame there aren't more comedians with as much style and wit as you obviously do judging by your above post.

Fcukhead ? Oh how I love how you've switched the C and the U around, how incredibly clever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Yes, its such a shame there aren't more comedians with as much style and wit as you obviously do judging by your above post.

I'm not a comedian. :confused:
    Fcukhead ? Oh how I love how you've switched the C and the U around, how incredibly clever.

Boards has a swear filter. Switching u and c avoids the swear filter. :confused:

The guy annoys me, nothing more.
    Don't mean to offend anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Frank my Boy

Michael McIntyre is one of the more talented comedians out now, he doesn't have to just talk about sex all the time he just makes little observerations about life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I saw in on TV on saturday and was in tears of laughter, its real married couple with kids comedy....not to everyones taste but i love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

I think he's hilarious. His execution is brilliant. I was disappointed to find out that his show here is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think he's a very good comedian. One of the best comedians whose come along recently. One thing you have to admit about him is that he keeps his material fresh. I watched his DVD, his appearances on Top Gear, Mock the Week etc, his Comedy Roadshow, and not once can I think of one joke I thought "oh this joke again".

There's nothing worse than a comedian trading on the same material over and over again (Dave McSavage-3 gigs over 4 years, EXACT same show)

I love Jimmy Carr, but you can guarantee any material he gives on TV is from a tour/show, whereas McIntyre is always changing it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

His dvd he released last crimbo was hilarious. Best stand-up I seen in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I'm going to see him on Mondaaaay
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Weweword

i LOVE michael mcintyre... he's amazing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yup, I'm another McIntyre fan, I really love his stuff. His timing is impeccable and as has been said he doesn't have to resort to sex to get a laugh...not that he shies away from sex either but it's not the basis for his entire performance.

I've seen him repeat one or two pieces but to be honest, they are laugh-getters and worth hearing again :)

I think some people dislike his 'posh' accent but I feel that it adds to his pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Was at his gig tonight. He had us in hysterics for two hours. Anyone who doubts how good he is should get to his show tomorrow. One of the best comedy gigs I've been to this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Was at the gig last night and he was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

was at his gig last night and met him after it, such a bang on guy and the exact same off stage, brilliant gig! i would definatley go again!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pepperds

Saw him on Sunday evening - fantastic two hours, my eyes were sore through crying with laughter throughout most of the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

hotspur wrote: »
    He's a hell of a performer, his material is pretty atrocious, but he gets randomers laughing through his execution. He won't have anyone forgetting who Bill Hicks was but there's room for a variety of comedy surely. Your granny would probably like him, but I would never watch him.

He has fairly studied change of pitch/tone and all that stuff alright

Its comedy for people who like repeats of friends, semaphores, telegraphs and the likes

Id worry for anyone who is/wants to be a comedian and finds him funny

actually im more worried about going to a gig and the comedian being someone who finds him funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Weweword

was at his gig last night and met him after it, such a bang on guy and the exact same off stage, brilliant gig! i would definatley go again!

JEALOUS :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

My OP was a bit harsh (albeit no moreso than the average post in the "comedians that suck" thread here so the offence-taking is a bit baffling tbh).

Anyway, i just don't think his humour comes from the heart (compared to guys like say Rich Hall, Stewart Lee etc).
    It genuinely just seems to be observational comedy by numbers.

And it's definitely not just because he's a clean comedian either (as someone suggested).
    There are plenty of genuine funnymen out there- Bill Bailey, Mark Watson etc that are clean comedians (IMO).

Edit:
    Sanitised the OP a bit FWIW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

He's a fine comedian, Just because he's not doing something radical or poltically motivated doesn't mean he's a bad comedian. You won't see him in the top 10 of the 100 greatest comedians but who cares. His quality lies in his observational skills. A bit like Jerry Seinfeld, no bad language, no offending folks...just everyday crap we find funny or annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I know that some people find his 'posh' accent very annoying. Some Irish people I know say he sounds too 'upper-class British' for their liking and some British people I know say that he sounds 'too posh, innit?' for them.

I like to think of him as a rich man's Peter Kay, funny, clean but had a Daddy with a bigger bank balance as a child :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

The man is funny, it doesn't matter how he does it, he's just very funny..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

iownaface wrote: »

I guess it's just annoying seeing comedians like MM do well that's all, but then again it's par for the course, who is more likely to appeal to the masses, an inoffensive housewifes dream like MM or one of the far superior underground comedians?
    Michael Mcs fans are the u2 fans of comedy.

Advertisement