Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael McIntyre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I guess it's just annoying seeing comedians like MM do well that's all, but then again it's par for the course, who is more likely to appeal to the masses, an inoffensive housewifes dream like MM or one of the far superior underground comedians?
    Michael Mcs fans are the u2 fans of comedy.

I bet you wear a Ché Gueverra t-shirt covered in hot rock holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

...or one of the far superior underground comedians?
    Money where your mouth is time: Such as? Who are these far superior 'underground'* comedians?

*I love when that term is used because it usually means that the person who's saying it thinks they are 'cooler' and far superior than everyone else...not saying that's how you feel Ash but it's my experience so far in life...

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Money where your mouth is time: Such as? Who are these far superior 'underground'* comedians?

*I love when that term is used because it usually means that the person who's saying it thinks they are 'cooler' and far superior than everyone else...not saying that's how you feel Ash but it's my experience so far in life...

hi, i'm new here, i think Ash is frantically googling the 'best underground comedians'

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

r3nu4l wrote: »

ha oops! well on reading back i would agree!! I should have said "alternative" instead of underground!!
    Sorry if my hatred of Michael Mac looked bad!! I just can't watch the guy!

and regarding the che tee- shirt, no i do not possess one, but i did at one time have a bruce lee tee-shirt and a guy stopped me on the street and said......"let me guess......ummmmmmmmm......che guivara"

ha oops! well on reading back i would agree!! I should have said "alternative" instead of underground!!
    Sorry if my hatred of Michael Mac looked bad!! I just can't watch the guy!

and regarding the che tee- shirt, no i do not possess one, but i did at one time have a bruce lee tee-shirt and a guy stopped me on the street and said......"let me guess......ummmmmmmmm......che guivara"

My worst t-shirt was an Ugly Kid Joe tshirt when i was 14. I was then known as Ugly Kid Joe. I now have a Keyboard Cat tshirt which i wear with pride. :p

So who are these underground/alternative comedians?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

My worst t-shirt was an Ugly Kid Joe tshirt when i was 14. I was then known as Ugly Kid Joe. I now have a Keyboard Cat tshirt which i wear with pride. :p

So who are these underground/alternative comedians?

My favourites would be Ross Noble, Stewart lee and Reginald D hunter.

I'm a fan of all these guys too. We'll just agree to disagree on Michael Mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Housewives have to laugh too! There is a difference between being clean and being ordinary. MM is clean, but I don't think he is ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I think he's a funny guy, but no comedian is going to appeal to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Not one of those is an "underground" comedian, Hunter was on QI the other night, a mainstream show on BBC, Ross Noble has had his own tv shows and Stewart Lee has had his own tv show as well, whats "underground" about having national tv exposure?

• Advertisement
Advertisement