Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wandering In The Night

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Overheal wrote: »
    Self defeating argument?

No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I think what brendansmith means is that the dark of the night is for wandering about in the silence and possibly meditating too. It's hard to do that while tearing around in a car or on a motorbike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

peolpe think its weird though.....i dont see a reason to be scared...

thing i hate is when walking in the dark is when you cant make stuff out and end up not knowing if its a small hole or a bump
    and you snot yer self

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Mousey- wrote: »
    thing i hate is when walking in the dark is when you cant make stuff out and end up not knowing if its a small hole or a bump
    and you snot yer self
    Done that to myself a few times. Ice is also fun in the dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Just went for a little wander. I'm working a bank holiday night in a manufacturing plant with about 8 other people in the enitire factory. There's nobody else in the industrial estate from what I can see. Just went for a walk outside and it's deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Just reading through this thread and a lot of things come back. I can relate to you guys

I enjoy nighttime more. I don't know why. I live in a city so when I get the chance to stay in my Uncle's place out the country I never pass up. I love just randomly walking out in the dark. One would think it would be v.dangerous or scary, but I just find it to be the opposite. A lot of memories I have with my friends are spent outside in the dark, late at night, when the winter was in. Just having a laugh, looking at the stars or going for a walk, the sounds, the smells and everything just come rushing back

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I was wandering down by the Rhine, pausing to chillax on the Necker platz last night.

heidelberg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Last week I somehow managed to get the wrong bus out of Dublin, it dropped me off in Lucan at 10 past midnight, and no transport running until 7 o clock the next morning. I'm a student, so no money whatsoever for a taxi.

I had to walk the 18 kilometers home in the middle of the night, mostly along the N4 dual carriageway. And, I have to say, after the first 30 minutes (when I figured out where in Lucan I actually was), it was a pretty enjoyable experience :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Columbia wrote: »
    Last week I somehow managed to get the wrong bus out of Dublin, it dropped me off in Lucan at 10 past midnight, and no transport running until 7 o clock the next morning. I'm a student, so no money whatsoever for a taxi.

I had to walk the 18 kilometers home in the middle of the night, mostly along the N4 dual carriageway. And, I have to say, after the first 30 minutes (when I figured out where in Lucan I actually was), it was a pretty enjoyable experience :p

18k :eek:. What time did you get home at?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

bK2g3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    18k :eek:. What time did you get home at?!?

I got home at 3:10! Still hours before my usual bedtime, but I was completely shattered for days - I'd been walking around town since 2pm before I even got on that bus :eek:

vutcTl.jpg

Yz28Hl.jpg

*/ Urge to scale building and perch on overhanging rooftop rising.., rising..., RISING...,¿!?¡¿ */

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

*/ Urge to scale building and perch on overhanging rooftop rising.., rising..., RISING...,¿!?¡¿ */
    You're not Batman, calm down.

Advertisement