Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So whats the situation in Ennis

• 09-08-2009 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Did they sell off Cusack stand to get cash for a rebuild on a greenfield site?The plan is to free up town centre land. Any update on Ennis town centre proposal to expand its limits? It's seem a very logical thing to do. Ennis town centre needs more land. If Ennis continues to develop as it is. I think it would be the sensible thing to do.Its a great natural extension of the town.

The council has zoned land for 30,000 more people? Is this correct and what steps have been taken to make this a reality? Where abouts is the majority of the lands that were rezoned?

Is there anything new or ambitious for the town development wise over the foreseeable future??

Thanks in advanced. I haven't been in Ennis in a long time, and I'm interested to know the happenings there.:)

P.S ye got a motorway:D (something I do know)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

mysterious wrote: »
    Did they sell off Cusack stand to get cash for a rebuild on a greenfield site?The plan is to free up town centre land. Any update on Ennis town centre proposal to expand its limits? It's seem a very logical thing to do. Ennis town centre needs more land. If Ennis continues to develop as it is. I think it would be the sensible thing to do.Its a great natural extension of the town.
    haven't heard anything about Cusack in over a year or 2, as for expanding, granting of planning permission for new houses in the town has been stopped for well over a year now, no more development till they sort out the sewage problems, the current infrastructure cant cope with what we have now, so they have but a ban on new building for the moment, the town and county was nearly dead, the recession has killed us all together, the dole ques are massive, and alot of pubs in the town have closed shop, the prospects aren't great unfortunately....

...Unemployed carpenter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

yay :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

The Cusack Park thing is dead and buried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Clare Co Council and Ennis Town Council have to be the most backward in the country. An Bord Pleanala have come to the rescue and overturned some hideous planning applications in the past they have granted, like the proposed Tesco retail park on the Limerick road.

And yet they dont give even a notion of rezoning that kip Cusack Park into something useful. The council voted against the rezoning, therby blocking the conceived development there, which would have extended the town centre and created 100s of jobs.

Like I said, they just aint forward thinking at all down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

The council has zoned land for 30,000 more people? Is this correct and what steps have been taken to make this a reality? Where abouts is the majority of the lands that were rezoned?

Is there anything new or ambitious for the town development wise over the foreseeable future??

Thanks in advanced. I haven't been in Ennis in a long time, and I'm interested to know the happenings there.:)

Keep taking the tablets!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

Clare Co Council and Ennis Town Council have to be the most backward in the country. An Bord Pleanala have come to the rescue and overturned some hideous planning applications in the past they have granted, like the proposed Tesco retail park on the Limerick road.

And yet they dont give even a notion of rezoning that kip Cusack Park into something useful. The council voted against the rezoning, therby blocking the conceived development there, which would have extended the town centre and created 100s of jobs.

Like I said, they just aint forward thinking at all down here.

Agree with most of what you say but in hindsight its probably just as well that permission wasnt granted to rezone cusack park.
    If it had, with the current economic climate it would now be a massively expensive hole in the ground with little hope of it actually securing the finance to be finished, or finding shops to open there. You only have to look at the amount of vacant retail units in town to see this.

It was a bold idea and certainly would be good for ennis but the timing was about 5 years too late or 10 too early depending on your viewpoint.

No private developer will try this again for quite a while, in the meanwhile we're left with one of the worst county GAA grounds in Ireland.

Advertisement