Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitter

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭anton

Tried to have a look at dabr but they seem to be having a problem with oauth, got a look at newdabr/dabr2 though. So you like that they don't put username/date on the separate lines, so it's more compact?
    Jonathan wrote: »
    Had a look at it yesterday on my E51.

GUI needs some work. I found it rather ugly.

My primary mobile twitter client would be dabr.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

anton wrote: »
    Tried to have a look at dabr but they seem to be having a problem with oauth, got a look at newdabr/dabr2 though. So you like that they don't put username/date on the separate lines, so it's more compact?
    I'm comfortable not using oauth with dabr. Open source, and I'm hosting my own copy.

I like having all the controls available to me at once.
    dabr_thumb.png

I'm comfortable not using oauth with dabr. Open source, and I'm hosting my own copy.

I like having all the controls available to me at once.

Yep, that looks nice. I'll tuck the controls into the context/action menus if I could, when I have more of them (it's just Reply/Delete for now).

Damn, I'm getting the feeling I've chosen the wrong forum. You guys are too hi-tech with all these Nokia smartphones and Blackberries and 'I host my own opensource copy myself' :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

anton wrote: »
    Damn, I'm getting the feeling I've chosen the wrong forum. You guys are too hi-tech with all these Nokia smartphones and Blackberries and 'I host my own opensource copy myself' :)
    Hahah, na what I meant that oauth while nice, is not essential. If it is transparent enough, people are happy to enter plain text login details.

The twitter oauth api is kinda buggy anyway.

I suppose, but I do like the way I can populate db with account details authomatically when using OAuth, don't have to worry if user made a mistake typing username/password and so on.
    Hahah, na what I meant that oauth while nice, is not essential. If it is transparent enough, people are happy to enter plain text login details.

The twitter oauth api is kinda buggy anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I will test on my SE C902 this evening if I get a chance.

I will test on my SE C902 this evening if I get a chance.

Thanks, it would be interesting. I remember I was crashing my wife's C510, until I started saving video to flash and not to RAM :). I think the newer SE phones also shoot higher res video than most of Nokias.

Guys, I've updated the app, changes include:

- changed appearance of the tweet list

- added support for Retweets

- can open links from tweets in the phone browser

- expiremental support for converting russian translit to cyrillic (mostly for my own benefit if you happen to speak russian, let me know)

The new version can be downloaded from http://pavo.me/invite353

Regards,
    Anton

I've released a new version of PavoMe last night. I guess I might post here abot it as well :). By now I have few hundred users, and some of them go as far as to call PavoMe the best twitter client out there (for j2me phones I presume ;).

So have a look at http://pavo.me maybe you'll like it too.

P.S. Thanks a lot to all boards.ie users who participated in early stage testing

Advertisement