Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any one else getting weird messages at the moment?

• 09-08-2009 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭

I'm sure some of the more knknowledgeable 0f you will probably be able to explain this to me.
    Basically, when I was playing Halo, used to play with a few yanks regularly and still have them on friend list even though don't communicate with them in any way. Lately I've been getting messages with just 1600 microsoft points in the text.Its happened a few times and was just wondering what its about?
    I'm fairly certain that the ones doing it are sending out group messages to all the people on their list and it propbably means nothing, but there is paart of me thats being stupidly optimistic, and wonders are they sending me points for free but I just don't know how to access them(thats like 1% of my thoughts).The bigger part of me thinks its some scam that will be unveiled once I reply asking what are the messages about.
    So, anyone have stuff like this happen before or can any one tell me whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

It's a scam. They are very popular at the moment because of the new armour permutation called 'Recon' in Halo 3. It's only given out under special circumstances by Bungie and people claim they can get it for you in exchange for 1600MSP or they might ask for your email address and password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

cheers dude, thought it was gonna be something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Halo 3 is full of scammers I wouldnt even open messages I get from people I dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Step 1. Remove from friends list
    Step 2. Reply back with a "YOUR MA" message
    Step 3. Block

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Or if you get an aggressive msg after you beat someone in matchmaking reply with screen shot of your tea bags in their mouth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement