Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smile that betrays you?

Options
  • 09-08-2009 3:55am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I was in a bar the other night, waiting for a friend. I got this feeling that someone was looking at me. I turned, and sure enough there was this cute lad across the lounge that was giving me that friendly LOOK.

I don't know where my smile came from, but it just happened. I didn't think... "Oh, there's a cool dude and I think I'll smile at him." It just happened without me thinking anything, completely involuntary.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) my friend arrived just then, and because we had plans, I was gone in a flash before the lad could make any moves.

That got me to thinking later about what cues I may be sending to the opposite sex without even thinking about it? That smile was a dead give away!

Has your smile ever given you away, or some other way you act without thought like a blush or flip of the hair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I always laugh nervously when I'm lying, it's a dead giveaway.

My fiance can't lie to save his life. If I ask him a question he'll answer untruthfully while shaking his head, like he's subconsciously telling me it's a lie. Bless! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Streamofconsciousnesstypebabblingcomesoutofmymouthwhenifeelnervouswithagirlilikeand ijustcan'tstopmyselffromtalkingeventhoughnoneofitmakessenseandioftengoreallyfarofftopicwhichmakesitworseandthenistop myselfbeforereachinganyrealpointanditsalittleembarrassing.

Advertisement