Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon D40 Lenses

• 09-08-2009 8:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

can you buy these second hand?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

adverts and flea bay - should be lots of them going around.

some of the nikon shooters may be able to expand on the auto / manual lens selection - not a nikon shooter but i hear from time to time it being pointed out about some of the nikons needing particular lens to have autofocus work. Something to do with the motor being in or not being in the body. If memory serves me correctly the D40 might have been one such body that has such lens consideration.

Nikon heads - expand further please?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,406 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

heres a chart for nikon lens compatibility and which type lenses will auto focus with the d40 http://www.nikonians.org/nikon/slr-lens.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've seen compatible lenses for sale on adverts and eBay secondhand. If buying Nikon brand, you're looking for the letters AF-S (and DX if you want lenses specifically suited to the smaller frame sensor).

I think Sigma lenses that are marked HSM will also autofocus on the D40, but I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭acmj2007

thanks very much for the replies!
    the new lens costs €1100 so I think second hand is in order:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

^^^ Cheese-us! What lense are you looking for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

70-200mm f2.8?

Advertisement