Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Htc HD + Meteor data settings

• 09-08-2009 8:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    i hope that maybe someone will help me to solve my problem.
    Recently i bought in poland Htc Touch HD,for some time i was using it in there without any problems with data connections, but from the time i came back here all the time i have the problem with d. connection.
    At first i tried the "configuration wizard" but it didn't work. After some time of trying almost everything, i found a FAQ with step by step instruction here but still its impossible for me to use internet on my Htc.
    Its weird cause if i use comm. manager i can see thats "data conn." is on and its successfully connected but still i receive information " cannot connect for an unknown reason"
    Does anyone successfully used Htc Hd with Meteor?
    Or can You say which one of operators work fine with wm 6 phones?
    Thx for answers.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

data.mymeteor.ie
    That's the APN...Hopefully if you can't find where to put it in someone else will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yoshik

I already added new settings with the help of this.
    But still all the time i get "unable to connect". It worked fine on N73. Ill try them on original Htc ROM, maybe the problem is based on that im using modded ROM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

yoshik wrote: »
    I already added new settings with the help of this.
    But still all the time i get "unable to connect". It worked fine on N73. Ill try them on original Htc ROM, maybe the problem is based on that im using modded ROM?

The fact that you're using a custom rom should have no affect, as I've used a Windows Mobile 6.1 handset with a custom on Meteor without issue. The Meteor APN settings should work on your handset, and it's odd that they don't. I'd recommend deleting all your connection settings and then try adding just the Meteor Data APN settings again and testing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yoshik

Rsaeire wrote: »
    The fact that you're using a custom rom should have no affect, as I've used a Windows Mobile 6.1 handset with a custom on Meteor without issue. The Meteor APN settings should work on your handset, and it's odd that they don't. I'd recommend deleting all your connection settings and then try adding just the Meteor Data APN settings again and testing it.
    Just did it a sec ago. The weirdest thing is that "Youtube" can download first list of added movies but when i try to watch one of them once again the message "unable" shows up.Opera on the other sie still cant connect.
    Add.
    "Youtube" is working properly but still Opera have some problems with connection.
    Add. 2
    The weather tab works too.
    I dont have any idea why the opera/ie doesnt work.

Advertisement