Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting a post

• 09-08-2009 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can someone explain to me what happens after I report a post? Does a PM type message go to the mods of that forum?
    How long does it normally take for it to be reviewed?
    Yesterday I reported a post and also sent a PM to the mod who was online at the time. Was this inappropriate?
    Post was dealt with very quickly, thanks to the relevant mod.

Thanks to anyone who can help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

A reported post will create an email to the mods of that forum, it will also create a discussion thread in the Moderator sub-forum. There is no need to also PM the mod if you have reported the post. If it is something really urgent then PMing a Mod that is online isn't a problem, but make sure that the Mod is online because someone can appear online for over 10 minutes after they have left their computer.

There is no set review time, we don't expect unpaid people helping out to have to stick to a SLA. Report the post, and if you don't see any action then your report has been looked at and dismissed as a non-actionable report. Or it has been missed. To make sure, PM the Mod after a couple of days, as they may have missed the report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Gordon wrote: »
    A reported post will create an email to the mods of that forum, it will also create a discussion thread in the Moderator sub-forum. There is no need to also PM the mod if you have reported the post. If it is something really urgent then PMing a Mod that is online isn't a problem, but make sure that the Mod is online because someone can appear online for over 10 minutes after they have left their computer.

There is no set review time, we don't expect unpaid people helping out to have to stick to a SLA. Report the post, and if you don't see any action then your report has been looked at and dismissed as a non-actionable report. Or it has been missed. To make sure, PM the Mod after a couple of days, as they may have missed the report.

Thank you very much for getting back to me.
    Sorry if my original post was in anyway offending to mods. I know they generously give their time and energy to this site.

Thanks again for your detailed explanation. Makes the whole system nice and clear :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Not at all, I didn't think you were offending anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Gordon wrote: »
    Not at all, I didn't think you were offending anyone!
    +1, no offense taken, don't worry :)

Advertisement