Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who can beat "Spoiler alert???

Options
  • 09-08-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

After watching the Griffin V Silva fight we must ask ourselves... who can beat the spider??

Dan's up next, but if he cant deliver the goods, who can at lightheavy or middle weight who can?

He is unstoppable at the moment, 10 wins.. only ever lost 1 round in these 10 fights.

Lyoto machida comes to mind.. maybe he's silva best match in his current form.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

He is also one of silva's best friends.

Hendo could KO him. He would have to be quick but thats like me saying anyone could KO anyone. Just we know hendo has the power to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

Lyoto and Anderson are mates??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Not very nice to be posting a thread like this when most haven't had a chance to see UFC101 yet.
    It was on espn and I know a lot of people here won't have seen it and are waiting on the download.

I've seen it myself, and its a good topic but could wait till after people have had a chance to see it. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

madonna123 wrote: »
    Lyoto and Anderson are mates??

I remember this being put to Silva or Machida very recently , possibly on Inside MMA a few weeks back when Silva was on the panel, either way which ever of them it was said that wouldn't be happening any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

calex71 wrote: »
    I remember this being put to Silva or Machida very recently , possibly on Inside MMA a few weeks back when Silva was on the panel, either way which ever of them it was said that wouldn't be happening any time soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKy92WTvll0

Just found this.. Lyoto seems like a big no no for Silva but im sure Dana has an opinion on this.. Its always the match ups that Dana knows are impossible that he spends millions on making happen.

Dana always delivers what he belives the fans want...

The only stumbling block to this was Fedor.. that was Danas torn for the past couple of years.. the fans kept it up.. Fedor V Brock.. would of been amazing.. but once Dana realised it would never happen he has been turning the fans off Fedor.. "StrikeFarce" comment in UFC101..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Thanks a fυckin bunch for the spoiler!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

lafors wrote: »
    Not very nice to be posting a thread like this when most haven't had a chance to see UFC101 yet.

^^^THIS^^^THIS^^^THIS^^^THIS^^^THIS^^^THIS^^^THIS^^^THIS

Edit the title so you dont give the result away to those who haven't watched 101 yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

If you dont want to know the result of the fight then why go on an MMA forum? Your gonna see it.:rolleyes:

If you dont want to know the result of the fight then why go on an MMA forum? Your gonna see it.:rolleyes:

I actually purposely avoided it as I know there's usually at least one inconsiderate person that doesn't bother to read the charter. The thread title popped up in my control panel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ahh the age old internet bitchfest continues

A lot of people are fantasy booking Silva Fedor again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

In fairness why did u even come on here today before watching it?!?! That was stupid in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Tones69 wrote: »
    In fairness why did u even come on here today before watching it?!?! That was stupid in the first place

Some people come on here to find out where they can watch the fights. I thought the spoiler thing was sorted from last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Some people come on here to find out where they can watch the fights. I thought the spoiler thing was sorted from last time?

It's never sorted. You can ban anyone who posts a spoiler permanently and there'll still be a new poster who'll post a spoiler. You've just got to decide for yourself if it's worth the risk of going onto the forum

Anderson lost the first round against Henderson, but didn't Travis Lutter win a round against him too? Maybe he didn't do enough to win the full round, I forget

Anderson looked very impressive. You've got to wonder what would have happened if Forrest didn't stick solely with the striking though. He did look completely outclassed

Henderson's always in with a chance. I've heard that he didn't think that he took the last fight seriously enough, so who knows what'll happen next time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

lads its not peoples fault for coming on here to see the forum when spoilers are not meant to be put in titles and in threads-i take spoilers in titles very serious and will ban for people doing this, anyway i edited the title now so its ok now. Anderson was class last night though..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

So streams good, spoilers bad?

:confused:

No question Silva is impressive, the show boating was something i wasn't impressed with. I'm all for waving your opponent on like "come on hit me" or ''is that all you got" kinda thing but just felt he went a bit far. Just my opinion (ill probably be linched for it :D ) .

Still I guess when you're at Silva's level you can get away with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

No question Silva is impressive, the show boating was something i wasn't impressed with. I'm all for waving your opponent on like "come on hit me" or ''is that all you got" kinda thing but just felt he went a bit far. Just my opinion (ill probably be linched for it :D ) .

I agree. Great performance, but less of the antics. Helping forrest back to his feet after knocking him down was just taking the piss..

Did you see his last two fights? Last night was a drop in the ocean.

Tones69 wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61521307&postcount=10

rovert wrote: »
    Did you see his last two fights? Last night was a drop in the ocean.

You have a point , although in the thales leites fight he did need to do something to entertain the fans :D

• Advertisement

There was the thing after his last fight where Soares mistranslated him, saying that he apologised for his performance when Silva didn't say anything like that at all. He's always showboated to some degree, I'm surprised if anyone's just noticed now

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭roo1981

Who can beat the spider? I'd like to see him and Rampage go at it. If page can beat Rashad and Machida, I cant see Anderson not fancying a shot at unifying the MW & LHW titles. Rampage would cause him a lot of probs imo-solid chin, powerful punches, good movement and not stupid enough to get sucked into a brawl (see fight with Chuck as an example).

Its hard to see anyone giving him a lot of bother at MW being honest...I think he'll be too much for Hendo again, and good as Mias jitz is I dont think he's well rounded enough for Ando. Nate Marquardet probably got the best shot...

Yahoo has a story up now saying that Silva's manager made an offer to Dana last night, Anderson moving up to 205lbs permanently and giving up his title. They said Dana responded positively to it

Fozzy wrote: »
    Yahoo has a story up now saying that Silva's manager made an offer to Dana last night, Anderson moving up to 205lbs permanently and giving up his title. They said Dana responded positively to it

Makes complete sense , a move id like to see very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

I could see that happening, title be vacant then for end of year for Hendo to face either Marquardt/Maia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

call me crazy, but who else would love to see A silva v Brock? I know there is a crazy weight difference, but Anderson has a huge advantage in every area except wresltling. If anything else this would be a a real fun fight.

Make it happen Dana!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Really hope Silva does stay at LH no point at all him fighting again at middleweight. Much more of a challenge for him at LH & better opponents for him to face. Wonder if Dana has agreed for him to stay at LH & will he still fight Henerson & will that be at LH?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

How many title fights has Silva won at MW? Has he gone through all the competition? If so, surely a jump to 205 would make sense for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

An awful lot of fans would love to see Fedor V Silva - Silva walks around at over 200 and could easily bulk up and train to 215/220 - and retain his speed and agility and at 215/220 he would be a perfect match up for a 230 Fedor after Fedor outgrows Strikeforce and leaves it in ruins

Brock would easily destroy Silva becoz of his monstrous size, weight difference, power and good wrestling...... all the obvious...just not a realistic match-up

Silva/Fedor Fantasy - but if it happened in next two years - brilliant
    Silva/Brock - pointless IMO
    Silva/Machida - amazing and necessary - don't care that they're mates
    Silva/Rampage - brilliant - a real test for Silva at 205
    Silva/Jones Jr - Exciting but possibly pointless payday for both
    Silva/Silva at 205 - Spider wins comfortably - old Axe Murderer is no more

Basicly anyone at 205 or even HW bar Carwin/Brock Vs Spider is a brilliant fight period - would sell huge number of PPV

Technically Spider could possibly be MW champ, LHW champ after beating Machida, add to that a poss win against Jones and even actually possibly beating Fedor sometime in next 24 months - where would that leave him ? completely untouchable as best MMA exponent ever ever!!- all before the age of 37 and all fantasy but ALL technically possible, hard to argue that all this is impossible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Silva/Couture seems to me like a good pairing that would draw well.

Advertisement