Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tattoo Parlour in Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 09-08-2009 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been to that new shop that has just opened upin Dun Laoghaire outside the Bloomsfield shopping centre? Just wondering if it is any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hols1

<text will be restored if you prove to be genuine. - Your friendly neighbourhood spiderman mod>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hols1

i Know i wasnt much help but just thought i would give the opinion I heard.. Im thinking of going to get a piercing there but not sure..think Im gonna check it out tomorrow. I will let you know how the place is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm sure you'll find it to be amazing. Weird how your only posts are praising a new parlour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Hmm.. I didn't know there was a new one in Dun Laoghaire!

You learn something new everyday! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

wandered in today on my way back from the bank.

First impression - its spotlessly clean :)

Second impression - the dude working there was really nice and friendly, not a sniff of a rockstar attitude ;)

Cant comment on the artists work as they had no photo books on display just lots of flash books but they're a brand new studio somaybe they'll follow shortly.

The nice dude said they would be happy to draw something up, personally I prefer to have a preview of the artists tattoo work before they tattoo me though.

This reminds me, I REALLY should get my back finished, its paid up over a year now, for shame :o

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

i was in there on friday,first impressions were it didnt look the best but i got talkin to one of the guys there nd he was really cool nd it seems like a good place it just needs some colour in there but im sure it could do well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Stricken

I went there for my first tattoo today, very clean and nice people, tattooist was reallllly nice aswell:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Hmm.. I didn't know there was a new one in Dun Laoghaire!

You learn something new everyday! :)

Ditto. I'm curious now... will have to have a peek on the weekend. :)

My mam bought my dad a voucher for there for chrimbo so I flippin well hope it's good :cool:

• Advertisement

Well my dad went and got his tattoo on Friday. He is happy with it but because of its location he can't really see it! He said the guy was good, drew the design freehand. The place was spotless. I haven't seen the tatt yet so can't comment on quality so I'll get back to you on that.

The only thing that bothered me was that when I rang my dad Saturday he said he hadn't really seen the tattoo because the cling film was still on it (24 hours later) I told him to take it off straight away and he said that the guy told him to leave it on for 2 days as this would keep it moist and the colour would last longer - now this goes against any advice I've ever heard for after care - any thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The only thing that bothered me was that when I rang my dad Saturday he said he hadn't really seen the tattoo because the cling film was still on it (24 hours later) I told him to take it off straight away and he said that the guy told him to leave it on for 2 days as this would keep it moist and the colour would last longer - now this goes against any advice I've ever heard for after care - any thoughts??

Yeah, that's a terrible idea. I personally kept my first two tattoos under cling film while I was at work and they were under my work clothes (didn't want the clothes rubbing off them) but at the same time I was cleaning the tattoo with anti-bacterial handwash and applying bepanthen a few times a day and putting on clean pieces of clingfilm each time. Keeping it on for 2 days sounds like terrible advice to me, as it's going to get sweaty under there, and that's going to be prime bacterial breeding ground.

That's what I thought :confused:

I told him to take it off straight away anyhow and sent down a sachet of the ointment I had left over from my last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What kind of 'ointment' is it?

What kind of 'ointment' is it?

Not sure exactly! Vitamin A & E stuff - kind of like vaseline - worked a treat for me on the last tattoo - from the U S of A!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ejayb4

Is this place still open? just wondering whats it like?

Advertisement