Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag Party in Ireland..Where to?

Options
  • 09-08-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Where would you recommend for a stag party in Ireland?

galway is the current front runner, though I'd like some place more off the beaten track. Most of the crew will be starting from Kildare.

Places the same crews been to before:

Carlingford (Great spot, but we did get in a little trouble with the gardai..noise etc)

Castlebar: Excellent venue

Waterford: Good spot, lots of strip bars:eek::D..+++ on a train line.

galway: (different crew). Bouncers a bit too prepared for stags (ie suspicious of everyone)

Unleash your vast knowledge,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Carrick on Shannon is pretty good. Was there recently. Paintballing during the day and a good selections of pubs for a crawl that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭skinner2x

CSC wrote: »
    Carrick on Shannon is pretty good. Was there recently. Paintballing during the day and a good selections of pubs for a crawl that night.

Never though of that one, cheers. was up there before, I think the Rock'n Robin' is the big nightclub there..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Cathair na Mart/Westport. The cleanest and most progressive town in all of Ireland by a long shot. Plenty of excellent accommodation as well. We spent much of the day surfing from a beach about 10km from the town. But you could also do Croagh Patrick and finish it/start off your night by having some great pints in the pub at the bottom of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 james2878

I was on a stag in May where we hired a boat from emerald star (I think it was) and sailed from belturbot to enniskillen. Sleeps about 7 and is real easy to do. I know it sounds weird but it was a real blast! and it gives you something to do in the daytime (ie taking turns driving the thing)

james2878 wrote: »
    I was on a stag in May where we hired a boat from emerald star (I think it was) and sailed from belturbot to enniskillen. Sleeps about 7 and is real easy to do. I know it sounds weird but it was a real blast! and it gives you something to do in the daytime (ie taking turns driving the thing)

Personally I would love that, but the crew in question usually just want drink, wimmins, nudey bars and the like. I wouldn't trust same fellows with a rubber ducky, never mind a boat!. Cheers though... a question, would you need a license for that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

Limerick city has some unreal venues for stag nights, all the clubs and bars are in the same area, deffinately worth it!

best clubs to go to are

angel lane (newest club) http://www.angellane.ie/top.htm

trinity rooms http://www.trinityrooms.ie/index1.php

icon http://www.iconniteclub.com/

pubs include a huge list that you'll pass going to either venue!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

14 cousins went to ennis last november. absolutely loved it. although they live out in the shticks so ennis was like a booming metropolis to them

14 cousins went to ennis last november. absolutely loved it. although they live out in the shticks so ennis was like a booming metropolis to them

we're banned from there, after kildare played Clare there back in the 90's :D.. great town though..

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Aran Islands are great craic with loads of tourists to chat up :D

Aran Islands are great craic with loads of tourists to chat up :D

For 2 days, you'd go to europe cheaper I reckon, very expensive..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

i imagine the security has changed since the 90s so i wouldnt be too worried about that but about the aran islands... i couldnt recommend it highly enough. in fact just go to inis oir. two pubs. they only close if you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

skinner2x wrote: »
    For 2 days, you'd go to europe cheaper I reckon, very expensive..

I went there in November, (off season I know) and stayed in the hotel, it wasn't so expensive, I can't remember so it can't have been bad It still had plenty of nice women knocking about

Advertisement