Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Offer

• 09-08-2009 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Got a call from Perlico offering a free upgrade to 3M at a reduced cost.
    Whats the catch, other than having to sign up for a 12 month contract.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Im a bit pissed off with Perlico. Signed up to their 3mb for the price of 1mb deal..3 weeks later and the phone line still hasn't changed from eircom landline. Might consider getting chorus ntl (shudder).

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭koura

Thinking of changing, heard Vodafone are talking over BTs
    residential breoaband.
    Any suggestions.

I was thinking of actually moving to chorus ntl for real...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭homer911

My Dad got his first broadband with Perlico a few weeks ago - all up and running in under a week

I'm with BT atm and am getting an unrequested discount - will hang on for a while and see what happens, bu would certainly be tempted by this offer

pre Broadband days I had my calls with Perlico and was perfectly happy with the service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Thinking of changing my 3meg BB and phone line with eircom to Perlico. Happy with eircom but trying to say a few quid as times are tight. It looks like perlico are a little bit cheaper but i hope their service is good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

koura wrote: »

Nothing from what I can see, the called my parents about 3 weeks back and my parents switched.

Luckily the line is decent enough quality to take the full 3MB upgrade so everyone's happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rather_b_diving

koura wrote: »

No Catch - eircom have a wholesale promo at the moment so they actually give perlico money if they can sign you up !!
    People seem to forget that most of the broadband packages on the market are simply eircom in disguise.

IMO you get a better modem with eircom plus you've a better chance of talking to some one intelligent if you have a technical query but I'm certainly not pushing the eircom service!

If you use your internet connection for anything other than browsing the web and updating facebook you already know that 48:1 contention at 7 in the evening makes MUZU.TV, Facebook and even Skype webcam almost impossible to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

If you use your internet connection for anything other than browsing the web and updating facebook you already know that 48:1 contention at 7 in the evening makes MUZU.TV, Facebook and even Skype webcam almost impossible to use.

I did not know this, and what is eircom rate ?
    This is enough to put me off Perlico if that is true.

Perlico, BT (most of it), Imagine & Vodafone are all 48:1 contention - cos its all really eircom!

1Mbps, 3Mbps and 7.1Mbps are all 48:1 contention
    7.6Mbps, 12Mbps &24Mbps are all 12:1 contention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have just signed up to the vodafone at home, bundle of calls and 7.6mb internet with addons for 50 euro per month.

This is half of what I am paying at the moment.

With a 7.6mb internet package, would it be reasonable to think I may get 5mb? I am in Tallaght and am already a Perlico phone customer so there should not be a delay in switching my line as Vodafone bought out Perlico (I think)

Anyone done this or know any probs.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i changed from bt to Vodafone this evening (presume it could be months before we get changed normally) so wanted the extra speed now, going to get 3mb with evening calls and 40gb limit for 40 euro a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Thinking of changing my 3meg BB and phone line with eircom to Perlico. Happy with eircom but trying to say a few quid as times are tight. It looks like perlico are a little bit cheaper but i hope their service is good.

Stay clear - signed up on the 20th July - phone service changed almost straight away, DSL account went live on the 28th - but no internet service, have been onto them 2 weeks now and line has been passed to Eircom 3 times. Trying to get out of the contract due to it being null and void re non delivery of service.
    Cheek feckers just sent me an email today, billing me for 16 Euro for service in July and 46 euro for a full month of Aug.

I have just signed up to the vodafone at home, bundle of calls and 7.6mb internet with addons for 50 euro per month.

With a 7.6mb internet package, would it be reasonable to think I may get 5mb? I am in Tallaght and am already a Perlico phone customer so there should not be a delay in switching my line as Vodafone bought out Perlico (I think)

Thanks in advance.

I think you'll find you're on the 7.1Mbps 48:1 contended service NOT the 7.6Mbps 12:1 contended service. Still an okay service but can be busy in the evening.

Just checked again and Vodafone actually mention the 672Kbps upload so it looks like it probably is the 7.6Mbps 12:1 contention - Go Vodafone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

stay clear of perlico. i got the 3 mb upgrade - for the last couple of months it's desperately slow ( nearly back to dial up speeds!) Their customer service is unhelpful. Anyone know who offers the best service re:speed and cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thedmann

20 mb broadband,, no download cap ,, when they go to docsis 3 this year they will be offering a whopping 150mb speeds.
    now thats fast, cant wait. got that from the horses mouth by the way.

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

thedmann wrote: »
    20 mb broadband,, no download cap ,, when they go to docsis 3 this year they will be offering a whopping 150mb speeds.
    now thats fast, cant wait. got that from the horses mouth by the way.

Lets stay on topic shall we, the OP asked about the perlico offering now what is available from other suppliers.

normanbond wrote: »
    stay clear of perlico. i got the 3 mb upgrade - for the last couple of months it's desperately slow ( nearly back to dial up speeds!) Their customer service is unhelpful. Anyone know who offers the best service re:speed and cost?

Im going to try and cancel the perlico contract by email- is this possible?

mehmeh12 wrote: »

Looking over their website and My account section it doesn't appear so, looks like you have to call them

Cabaal wrote: »
    Looking over their website and My account section it doesn't appear so, looks like you have to call them

When i call no one picks up. Am going to try and do this by email if possible.

There should be some law where everyone can name resellers of eircom so that they can avoid their shiity services. Can you name the resellers of eircom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

if you are cancelling Perlico, what are the best options? Who's offering the best deal on price and service:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 awc7153

I signed up to Perlico 3 months ago for phone & broadband package got a terrible poor line and still waiting for broadband when you phone them to complain or find out when the broadband will be working I get lie after lie.
    the have taken 3 monthly payments for the broadband service I have never had and wont return my payment. Im so pissed off with them.we need someone to control these cowboys the regulator is doing what? all we want is exactly what we are entitled and paying for.
    Pathetic erratic rogue liars Ignorant Cowboy Oporator
    What does that spell ....TROUBLE...
    Dont have anything to do with them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Jolly85

Yes, you can canel by e-mail, fax or sending a letter in the post. Once it is signed and state's clearly what element of your package you want to cancel, e.g if you just want to cancel your broadband, state that or if you want to cancel completely with them and go to another provider, then state you want to cancel both phone line and broadband.

Also confirm if you are still in a contract with them as you may be liable to cancellation fees.

awc7153 wrote: »
    I signed up to Perlico 3 months ago for phone & broadband package got a terrible poor line and still waiting for broadband when you phone them to complain or find out when the broadband will be working I get lie after lie.
    the have taken 3 monthly payments for the broadband service I have never had and wont return my payment. Im so pissed off with them.we need someone to control these cowboys the regulator is doing what? all we want is exactly what we are entitled and paying for.
    Pathetic erratic rogue liars Ignorant Cowboy Oporator
    What does that spell ....TROUBLE...
    Dont have anything to do with them....

I whent with Perlico over the summer when my exchange went live, it took about a week for then to migrate my line and "enable" the DSL. However I could not get a internet connection (had a very good DSL signal to the exchange but could not get PPPoE connection live)

After a few weeks of contacting perlico and them passing the line to Eircom 3 times, I decided that I had enough. In order to get out of contract I did the following

1. Rang customer services, advised I was not happy with the inability of Perlico to offer Internet, and that I wanted a Ref number so I could complain to ComReg.

2. Got talking to a supervisor, and advised that I wanted out of the contract as I considered Perlico in breach of contract for the non delivery of the Internet connection. He advised that his Manager was in a meeting but would ring me back the next day. Was advised the next day that cancellation fees would be waived.

3. Sent in a letter to Perlico, advising then that I wanted to move provider and to cease billing for phone and internet service. Also advised that I had received confirmation from customer service that cancellation fees will be waived.

4. Received a phone call from Perlico in response to my letter and confirm that I could move and there would be no cancellation fees.

5. Ordered from Vodafone

6. Sent another letter to advised that I had moved to Vodafone and to advise them to cancel the billing of the service and to seek a refund for the DSL segment of the bill.

The move to vodafone went well, but I had the same issue with the PPPoE connection, however when I contacted Vodafone, they technician took owenership of the problem and had it resolved in 48hrs. I've had not bill from Perlico since.

I still haven't received the refund for the internet, it's only for 1 month so no big deal. I still have the Perlico router, so they won't be getting this back until I receive the refund.

I was surprised at the easy of cancelling the service, I was expecting a big fight. I had a log of all calls to Perlico support in order to fight my corner but didn't need in the end. It's worth while to ring and advised that you wish to make a complaint, and look for a ref number for ComREG. In order to log a complaint with Comreg will you need to go throught the Perlicos complaints procedure. http://perlico.com/info/codeofPractice.aspx#dispute

rash wrote: »
    I whent with Perlico over the summer when my exchange went live, it took about a week for then to migrate my line and "enable" the DSL. However I could not get a internet connection (had a very good DSL signal to the exchange but could not get PPPoE connection live)

After a few weeks of contacting perlico and them passing the line to Eircom 3 times, I decided that I had enough. In order to get out of contract I did the following

1. Rang customer services, advised I was not happy with the inability of Perlico to offer Internet, and that I wanted a Ref number so I could complain to ComReg.

2. Got talking to a supervisor, and advised that I wanted out of the contract as I considered Perlico in breach of contract for the non delivery of the Internet connection. He advised that his Manager was in a meeting but would ring me back the next day. Was advised the next day that cancellation fees would be waived.

3. Sent in a letter to Perlico, advising then that I wanted to move provider and to cease billing for phone and internet service. Also advised that I had received confirmation from customer service that cancellation fees will be waived.

4. Received a phone call from Perlico in response to my letter and confirm that I could move and there would be no cancellation fees.

5. Ordered from Vodafone

6. Sent another letter to advised that I had moved to Vodafone and to advise them to cancel the billing of the service and to seek a refund for the DSL segment of the bill.

The move to vodafone went well, but I had the same issue with the PPPoE connection, however when I contacted Vodafone, they technician took owenership of the problem and had it resolved in 48hrs. I've had not bill from Perlico since.

I still haven't received the refund for the internet, it's only for 1 month so no big deal. I still have the Perlico router, so they won't be getting this back until I receive the refund.

I was surprised at the easy of cancelling the service, I was expecting a big fight. I had a log of all calls to Perlico support in order to fight my corner but didn't need in the end. It's worth while to ring and advised that you wish to make a complaint, and look for a ref number for ComREG. In order to log a complaint with Comreg will you need to go throught the Perlicos complaints procedure. http://perlico.com/info/codeofPractice.aspx#dispute

Ok fair enough but theres one thing i dont get. You are on the same exchange but only vodafone could get you broadband, not perlico. But dont vodafone (the parent company) own perlico as a subsidiary? why could vodafone give you service but not perlico?

Ok fair enough but theres one thing i dont get. You are on the same exchange but only vodafone could get you broadband, not perlico. But dont vodafone (the parent company) own perlico as a subsidiary? why could vodafone give you service but not perlico?

i would have had the same issue regardless of which supplier i went for. from other posts it seems that perlico outsorce their tech support, i get the impression that vodafone dont. in may case vodafone were better at taking ownership of the problem. i-m not even sure what the problem was, i think it was the way my a/c was setup on the server??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Millwood

Re Perlico Offer - Does anyone know how long 30 minute free mobile calls offer lasts?

Millwood wrote: »
    Re Perlico Offer - Does anyone know how long 30 minute free mobile calls offer lasts?

Yes im with perlico at the moment and i was charged for making only 6 mins worth of moblile calls in the last month, despite this being 'free' for 30 mins a month. What is going on?

Advertisement