Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do i need to get new permission

Options
  • 09-08-2009 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

just wondering if i need to get permissions again this new licence is a pain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

sikahunter wrote: »
    just wondering if i need to get permissions again this new licence is a pain

According to my local FO you'll need new permission letters. What a bummer:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

so every hunter is this country has to get new permissions there will be no where left to hunt every hunter is going to kill each other over land

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I have heard that, and seems to be true two lads that have permission to shoot around us have applied for club membership to avoid "The hassel"

They live in the area they are knand have someone who will "propose them and second them = no hassel

A well we welcome members**:D

**Terms and conditions apply

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭johnner1

just got word from my FO that you do have to give new letters of permission,not only this application but every 3 years new letters to say you still have leave over land.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

What is the point of it? every 3 years??? nothing mentioned of the likes when i was talking to the FO last week:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

get the new permissions
    photo copy them
    give the garda the copies
    keep the originals
    problem solved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I'm guessing they'll need to be dated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Rovi wrote: »
    I'm guessing they'll need to be dated.
    I'm guessing you're right :D

The thinking being that you have to prove on an ongoing basis that the reasons you gave to have a firearm are still valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I have 4 farmers i shoot for on a regular basis that i know well and would have no problem signing permissions. 2 iv already gotten written permissions from. Johnner1 Does it mean in three years time iv to get two new permissions, 3 years later another 2? Il be shooting all over ireland in 20 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭johnner1

dusty, as far as i could gather it was that you have to get either your old permissions renewed or new ones for your licence application.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

johnner1 wrote: »
    dusty, as far as i could gather it was that you have to get either your old permissions renewed or new ones for your licence application.

Ah right, took your previous post up wrong, stupid me:)

Advertisement