Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Them Crooked Vultures (Josh Homme; Dave Grohl; John Paul Jones)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Jay P wrote: »
    I have a dream of any kind of show to be honest. I'll settle for going to England if needs be.

Same as that. Who knows how long these lads will keep this going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

newblue08 wrote: »
    Same as that. Who knows how long these lads will keep this going.

I read/heard somewhere that they want to make up to 7 or 8 albums.

I may have imagined that...

Edit: It turns out I didn't imagine it.
    Article here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

watched this last night! f**king hell!! \m/ \m/

JPJ looks way younger than he actually is....

how come alain johannes isn't part of the band proper. he seems to add a fair bit to the live show anyways...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I dont get the level of praise it is a three song side project album nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

seachto7 wrote: »
    watched this last night! f**king hell!! \m/ \m/

JPJ looks way younger than he actually is....

how come alain johannes isn't part of the band proper. he seems to add a fair bit to the live show anyways...

He only does small parts on the album as a guest. Live he beefs up the sound. Yeah that Cologne gig though, watched it when it was first on, was sweet stuff. My least fav song, Interlude with Ludes...funniest live performance I've ever seen. Like the drunken uncle doing karaoke at the wedding:D
    rovert wrote: »
    I dont get the level of praise it is a three song side project album nothing more.

Well its a full album that doesn't constantly stick to one style, and also happens to be very high on the rocking out side of things. Ita a damn good album, so people will of course praise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I didn't really like the album, tbh. I was looking forward to it but, meh...

I would have liked a different vocalist to work on it. Homme is just too QOTSA.

Mushy wrote: »
    Well its a full album that doesn't constantly stick to one style, and also happens to be very high on the rocking out side of things. Ita a damn good album, so people will of course praise it.

Once again an album should be more than three songs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Great link thank you, John paul jones is the man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Exactly. There are 12 great songs in TCV (discounting Interludes, reminds me of PJ and Vitalogy putting in filler just for the sake of it)

• Advertisement

Yeah, its why there does be 13 on it!

Exactly. There are 12 great songs in TCV (discounting Interludes, reminds me of PJ and Vitalogy putting in filler just for the sake of it)
    Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah, its why there does be 13 on it!

Oh FFS you know what I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

I don't really. Thank God music is all subjective though, right?

Could say that about hundreds of albums then. Songs 1-7 are deadly, then from 9-13.

BigCheese, Ludes sucks on cd, one of the best things live. Almost a lesson in why kids should/n't drink full bottles of whiskey:D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Wasnt big on Ludes or Daffodils until I heard them live, then they just clicked. Plus Josh's dancing just makes Ludes :D

My vid from edinburgh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCNA2JM-8n4

Really hoping they do an Irish show, they are so unbelievable live!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I got a copy of the album, so haven't listened to it all yet, so I only watched the live show which seemed pretty cool.

I hope the album is decent. I'm big into "all songs on an album have to be good"

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MrShine

Jay P wrote: »
    I read/heard somewhere that they want to make up to 7 or 8 albums.

I may have imagined that...

Edit: It turns out I didn't imagine it.
    Article here

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know if they're still planning on making more albums, and have they started on one yet?

Advertisement