Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any life left in LLU?

Options
  • 09-08-2009 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

LLU used to be a hot topic on these pages but it seems to be all about the mobile internet these days. From what I understand uptake of LLU is very low in Ireland and way below EU standards. Is it a lost cause or is there any value to had in beating ComReg up over it?

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

It is still valuable alright and beating ComReg (while futile) is something that the industry has been doing for a long time. The focus really have come off it of late, but I expect in September a ratchet up in activity will take place on LLU.

I believe Smart may be a casualty of the LLU market failures. Doubt ComReg would ever admit to that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Blaster99 wrote: »
    LLU used to be a hot topic on these pages but it seems to be all about the mobile internet these days. From what I understand uptake of LLU is very low in Ireland and way below EU standards. Is it a lost cause or is there any value to had in beating ComReg up over it?

LLU is still important but nothing has been done. Comreg think everything is fine and dandy with LLU.

However the scenarios have moved on a lot, SLU is now far more important, especially in urban areas and negotiations don't even seem to have started on that part yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

bealtine wrote: »
    LLU is still important but nothing has been done. Comreg think everything is fine and dandy with LLU.

However the scenarios have moved on a lot, SLU is now far more important, especially in urban areas and negotiations don't even seem to have started on that part yet.

Not quite - current consulations cover SLU and LLU :) Dont mind me, just being difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

crawler wrote: »
    Not quite - current consulations cover SLU and LLU

Good!

No public consultations on SLU, that I remember anyway...

• Advertisement
Advertisement