Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cook chicken kiev?!

Options
  • 09-08-2009 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I've 2 chicken kiev's in the freezer, the only problem is that I've thrown away the cardboard cover that gives cooking instructions.
    Can anyone tell me the temp and how long I should cook them?! It's an electric oven, non fan assisted.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Give them 30 minutes at 200 degrees, or 180 if your oven is fan assisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

would it not depend on whether they were frozen to start with or not? there's also a difference between CKs made from chopped chicken and those made from whole chicken breasts... I wouldn't be confident that 30 mins would be enough for the latter, from frozen (they generally say to defrost before use).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

loyatemu wrote: »
    would it not depend on whether they were frozen to start with or not? there's also a difference between CKs made from chopped chicken and those made from whole chicken breasts... I wouldn't be confident that 30 mins would be enough for the latter, from frozen (they generally say to defrost before use).

I'd say if they were bought frozen, most likely they were meant to be cooked frozen. As Faith said - 180/200 for 30 mins, take them out and have a poke - make sure they're steaming in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Since he said thrown away the "cardboard cover" it sounds like they were fresh ones in a pack with a slip on cardboard cover. These can be quite thick and the butter could be frozen rock solid in the middle. These kievs and other breaded items are usually half cooked to begin with.

I am an impatient cook, I also like to cook in a short time to not dry things out. I usually cut kievs in half and cook them, butter goes all over the place but doesn't bother me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I am assuming they were frozen, and I checked the instructions on the back of a pack of M&S whole breast chicken kievs before posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

They were frozen, 30 minutes at 200c - they were a little over-done, but no-one was complaining!

Advertisement