Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow speeds on UPC all week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭PrivateSmokey

10meg's been a bit steader for the past few hours...............heres hopeing ;)
    Still not great
    538462207.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Whatsa good way to test my ping? I'm getting crazy numbers from speedtest.com(600+), and i'm wondering if me using a portable browser is having anything to do with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

538474048.png

bah :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

538476744.png on 20 Mbs package.

538479302.png

It must be in the Vatican tap water.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Dublin Speedtest looking very good today.

Test time: 7.34pm - Location: Dublin 8 - 10mb package

538480267.png

• Advertisement

Test time : 20:17 DUBLIN 8

538510266.png on 20 Mbs package....
    must be two Dublin 8s or I've got a problem:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Test time : 20:17 DUBLIN 8

on 20 Mbs package....
    must be two Dublin 8s or I've got a problem:confused:

It does look like two Dublin 8's. It's still good for me although the ping has gone down a little bit.

538516054.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

538520565.png
    Cabra Dublin 7
    Working for me at the moment.....
    Lets see how long it lasts.

538520445.png

well, fun as its been here in the twilight zone, its time to annoy the nice people at upc tomorrow. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

538527984.png

I'm on 10meg pack. Pages taken ages to load, a giant heap of shoite! I moved away from Eircom because of this crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

538591362.png

Still ok here in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭SaKuRa

538599570.png

Cant believe it still good here,Ill show this thread to the engineer tomorrow and post any info..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

lol your going to show a white van man a thread on a forum ref slow speeds poss due to routing??? lol (not laughing at you laughing with you) I imagine it'd be something like showing a 2 month old how a sky box works.... same blank expression .........then he'd **** himself.

If it doesn't have a page three vacuous oxygen thief bint and contain some kind of standard meal i.e breakfast, dinner or tea in a roll he wont be interested.

I think the only solution is anyone here with slow speeds to call NTL, see if their area needs segmentation, are db levels issues and then get an engineer.

538629326.png

This crap was going on a month ago. I think upc desegmented the Cork St. node (at least my speeds were good the last 3 weeks). Do these idiots even know the first thing about suppling broadband.
    And they want to roll out higher speeds later this year. The above is evidence they're not qualified to.:mad:

538640919.png

as fantastic as ever in d9!

538651194.png

Still ok here in cabra, could it be fixed? Should I cancel engineer callout?

hightower1 wrote: »
    lol your going to show a white van man a thread on a forum ref slow speeds poss due to routing??? lol (not laughing at you laughing with you) I imagine it'd be something like showing a 2 month old how a sky box works.... same blank expression .........then he'd **** himself.

If it doesn't have a page three vacuous oxygen thief bint and contain some kind of standard meal i.e breakfast, dinner or tea in a roll he wont be interested.

I think the only solution is anyone here with slow speeds to call NTL, see if their area needs segmentation, are db levels issues and then get an engineer.

Maybe true for run of the mill white van man, but the guy who installed my upc about 6 weeks ago didn't bat a lid at my laptops ubuntu install. Had everything set up in seconds, and setup properly! Don't let the dub accent and tatoo fool you, he was a pro!

At least you're getting a white van man....last time I needed an engineer they refused to send one and denied I had any problem. Tomorrow will tell a tale.

MSN, Twitter & Playstation Network down here :mad:

Was playing online on a really high level, took me and my friends 3 hours to reach it and I got signed out. **** you UPC.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    MSN, Twitter & Playstation Network down here :mad:

Was playing online on a really high level, took me and my friends 3 hours to reach it and I got signed out. **** you UPC.:mad:

is that ntl's fault or is it something else?
    i just got disconneced myself at 00:15

• Advertisement

Nah It's UPC's fault, Not the 1st time these sites have went down the last few nights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yep, down here as well again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

god damn them. i was having fun and all.

what else can i use the internet for other than playing games......????? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Defo something stranged happened to last 15 minutes. I couldn't get to any of the sites outside of Ireland I tried. Seems to be back now though

back up for me. seriously, wtf are upc up to?

I don't know buy they'd wanna fix it.

Getting signed out of the playstation network on level 28 of Call of Duty: World at War zombies which took hours is REALLY annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Carragherisgod

Lads, I assure you this problem isn't specific to Dublin. I live in Cork and I'm having the same problems. Web pages load very slowly and pings to game servers are rubbish. It's bad from 11:30am to around just after midnight every day since Friday I think. I emailed them Monday but got no reply yet. I have a friend in Wexford with the same problem too so it does seem like it's countrywide. If I ping my COD4 server (in Ireland) I ping at an average of over 150. If I ping a UK server I ping at less than 50 (average). This blows :mad:

538694566.png
    Still lookin good here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Carragherisgod

docmol wrote: »
    538694566.png
    Still lookin good here..

Have you tried a speed test earlier in the day? As I said mine is fine after midnight every day. Just wondering if yours is good all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Quote taken from http://www.upc.ie/customersupport/service_news/

"Our service and maintenance policy
    We aim at keeping our customers informed of any performance issues that may be affecting the services we offer."

Strange that as i've been told fall like evrybody else i suspect.
    Me thinks yet another ISP in Ireland is full of cow-patties.

Advertisement