Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy yorkshire puddings in Cork?

Options
  • 09-08-2009 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

Anybody know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

blue bag in the frozen food department. Cant buy a bunch of fresh ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Balmed Out wrote: »
    blue bag in the frozen food department. Cant buy a bunch of fresh ones.

Which supermarkets? That's brilliant, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

seen um in dunnes, brand is aunt bessies or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 41 grangeglens

also in supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Marks and Spencers have gorgeous ones too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

Yea, marks and spencers do the best ones:D
    They have traditional ones or ones made with beef dripping!

I just bought some. REALLY excited. Going to have them with fried chicken and gravy and mash tonight. Just thought you'd all like to know.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Make them !!!

Dead easy - I'll even give you my Grannies recipe if u like :D

Andip wrote: »
    Make them !!!

Dead easy - I'll even give you my Grannies recipe if u like :D

Yes, please! I'd love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

have to agree - delicious

but seriously dude, you couldnt find them? theyre in every supermarket, the main ones anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

And with chicken??? WTF They are an accompaniment to Beef, Beef and oh yeah BEEF!

Samurai wrote: »
    have to agree - delicious

but seriously dude, you couldnt find them? theyre in every supermarket, the main ones anyway

Only tried one and they weren't there. Thought it'd be easier to ask than go hunting!

Like them with beef, too. Ate some more with steak last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Yes, please! I'd love it.

OK....

Makes approx 12

4oz Strong Plain flour (has to be strong - I use white bread flour)
    3 large Eggs
    5fl oz whole milk

Put flour in a bowl (glass or ceramic, not plastic) - add the eggs & milk & whisk hard by hand until you get air bubbles (electric whisk is too harsh). Batter will coat a spoon but wont be too thin or thick. Put the bowl in a fridge to rest for 20 mins.

If you can't get a Yorkshire tin, use a muffin tin - need to have about 3/4 inch depth in each hole.

You need approx 1 tsp of either beef dripping or vegetable oil - both work - in each hole & heat in a hot oven - approx 230 degrees. (wait until your meat is cooked & take out to rest & then whack up the temperature and put Yorky tin in. When oven reaches 230 leave the tin in for a good 5 mins to get really hot.

After 20 mins take the bowl out of the fridge & whisk again to get more air in it - open the oven & take the tin out, but keep within the oven heat - I rest is on the open door (you dont want the oil to cool).

Half fill each hole with the Yorky mix & you'll see the cold batter react with the hot oil & start to cook immediately. When all 12 holes filled - into the top of the oven for approx 15 mins. Dont open the oven until they have a good colour (& def not for the first 10 mins or they'll flop). They should rise to about 4 or five inches high & puff out.

Away you go..........................looks a lot of steps but its actually very easy & works every time ! - I have family phone on a Sunday to see if I'm doing Yorkies, so I generally do two trays :rolleyes:

Sounds great, I'll make them Saturday!

Advertisement