Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Cookie absolute nightmare!

• 09-08-2009 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

I have this phone for the last 3 months and I swear I have never encountered something so bad since maybe the Motorola T2288. I had a Sagem MyX5-2V and while totally ancient it makes this piece of junk pale in comparison. The touch screen is totally unresponsive and makes texting an absolute nightmare. It cost me €140 + €35 for a 4gig MicroSD card. I am totally at my wits end with it and have to get another phone. Preferably a slimline candy bar phone but with a decent camera built in, the Cookie has a 3megapix camera so gives okayish results plus an FM radio which is really handy.

On the features side of things it is ok but as an ordinary phone for texting and calling it is a nightmare.

Any recommendations for a new phone? Specs must be decent camera, FM radio triband and bluetooth. 3G or wifi not important as I have no 3G coverage and using the internet on the mobile is about as joyful as undergoing castration.

Also what would be the value of an LG Cookie which is working perfectly with charger but one or two marks on the front?

If I thought I could sell it I would after replacing it and maybe see if I could get any takers on adverts or ebay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a new phone? Specs must be decent camera, FM radio triband and bluetooth. 3G or wifi not important as I have no 3G coverage and using the internet on the mobile is about as joyful as undergoing castration.

You could try the Tocco Lite: http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/product.php/699/41/samsung_tocco_lite/8b07c2881e2da91d9392428e56acfb57 for €120

or

http://www.o2online.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/O2ProductDisplayView?storeId=10001&langId=-1&enableAddToCartBtn=true&catalogId=10001&phoneId=122511&flowType=S&productId=122511&newFlag=&partNumber=G600Graphite&wcmArea= Which is great for the money, 5mp camera and a good interface. Everything youre looking for.
    netwhizkid wrote: »
    Also what would be the value of an LG Cookie which is working perfectly with charger but one or two marks on the front?

If I thought I could sell it I would after replacing it and maybe see if I could get any takers on adverts or ebay.

I'd say about 90-100 maybe. If you can unlock it yourself id say 110.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Yes the cookie, I bought one in england there last December.
    Thought it was cool for about three days, then the touchscreen pissed me off no end.
    And multiple crashes also.

Its put me off touch screens tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Girlfiend bought the cookie a month or so ago and absoluty hates it aswell, awful battery life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Girlfiend bought the cookie a month or so ago and absoluty hates it aswell, awful battery life.

Ditto, the main reason I replaced my "not broken don't fix it" Sagem Vintage 2005 was battery life but the Sagem actually had better life than this crappy LG Cookie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Update: The crappy cookie kicked the bucket today out of the blue but had been freezing up and needing the battery removed before cajoling her back to life but is now totally dead. I only got it in May, do phones have like a One Year Guarantee or anything? I bought it in the Carephone Warehouse and gave €140 for it so I wonder am I entitled to either a refund or a non Cookie replacement.

LG = Crap = :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Lets face it: high end touchscreeners like the iphong and nokia's n97 still have some way to go to be perfect... So what can you expect from a cookie targeting, as per LGs own PR, the messaging mad youth who can't afford a proper email phone(that IS what they say with more, 'friendlier words)????
    Yes, the tocco light has profited from years of experience with/feedback from the tocco; however, you really might wanna look at a non-touch device. TSs do suck a lot of available battery power, and you won't find a good, crisp, responsive touchscreen for a 100 or so buck. Simple truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

If you bring it back to Carphone Warehouse, they'll send it off for repair for you. No chance of getting a replacement or a refund at this stage.

Definitely agree with everyone else on the matter of touchscreens. Had an LG Viewty and after putting up with it for about 3 months, gave up. Slow, unresponsive, regular crashes, screen gets filthy very easily, extremely annoying trying to text etc. It's put me off touchscreen phones again, and the buggy LG firmware (with no update service like Nokia or Sony Ericsson) has put me off ever touching another LG handset again.

Have since got a Sony Ericsson C905. 8MP camera, WiFi, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth and decent battery life (once you turn the 3G function off!) It had major reliability issues in the past with the initial hardware failing after a few months, but the latest batch seems to have stable hardware and a recent software update has fixed a lot of bugs in it. Nice phone if it stays working for you!

Advertisement