Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

character references

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Sparks wrote: »
    I'm still being confused at being asked for these at all, since the DoJ told me that this wasn't going to be asked for from everyone, but only in rare circumstances for new applicants...

I remember you saying this before and wondering if you had taken it up wrong. I always thought it was to be that everyone supplies referees but only in rare circumstances would any referees need to be contacted. I wouldn't worry too much about it - didn't the Irish Times do something similar by misreporting that all applicants would be required to supply references?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

BornToKill wrote: »
    I remember you saying this before and wondering if you had taken it up wrong. I always thought it was to be that everyone supplies referees but only in rare circumstances would any references need to be contacted. I wouldn't worry too much about it - didn't the Irish Times do something similar by misreporting that all applicants would be required to supply references?
    No, I was very specific when talking to them - would we have to give names of people to contact for references. I was told no, that wasn't the intent, the Minister was misquoted (which in fairness, he had been), they didn't want this for existing licence holders and so forth.

Advertisement