Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wtf happened to Kerrang!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

No they're not they're absolutely ****in terrible
    Theyre not as bad as busted thats for sure! They sound like a credible rock band IMO, nowhere near my favs or anything - but I do like this song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Trendkill97

to be honest, i've become disillusioned with the metal scene over the past number of years.
    It seems as if more and more metal bands are being churned out, created using the same formula and fed to younger generations by the likes of Kerrang! and Scuzz. And I also find it laughable to hear the guy who narrates Scuzz competitions, he's got such a "metal" voice haha It all just seems to fit into the "noob" stereotype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I remember reading the Kerrang review of St. Anger. It described it track by track and the opening line for 'Frantic' was 'Jesus H. Burton! A real thrash metal riff! Metallica are back!' or something along those lines.
    I remember just lolling quietly to myself and resigned to never read it again.
    I dont really listen to much metal anymore anyways, kinda grown out of it i guess, i like a bit more chilled stuff now, tho ill always have a bit of quality metal on my mp3 player for emergencies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

0ubliette wrote: »
    I remember reading the Kerrang review of St. Anger. It described it track by track and the opening line for 'Frantic' was 'Jesus H. Burton! A real thrash metal riff! Metallica are back!' or something along those lines.
    I remember just lolling quietly to myself and resigned to never read it again.
    I dont really listen to much metal anymore anyways, kinda grown out of it i guess, i like a bit more chilled stuff now, tho ill always have a bit of quality metal on my mp3 player for emergencies

To be fair though If you look up reviews to St Anger when it came out they were mostly all positive. And saying similar things to Kerrang wasnt til late that most of the hate for it arrived.

Kerrang is terrible though and has been for ages.
    Scuzz is going a similar route I feel. Used to watch it a lot now I rarely turn it on.

Ive never gotten Kerrang magazine but I imagine it to be the same ****e.
    Only one id consider getting is metalhammer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

No they're not they're absolutely ****in terrible

So are Limp Bizkit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

malice_ wrote: »
    It has been years since I watched her interview anyone so you're most likely right :).

Here she is interviewing a very young looking Pantera in 1992:

LOL did she just call him diamond??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

bigbadcon wrote: »
    LOL did she just call him diamond??

Dimebag Darrell was known as Diamond Darrell back in the day. Look up your copy of Cowboys From Hell. ;)

Dimebag Darrell was known as Diamond Darrell back in the day. Look up your copy of Cowboys From Hell. ;)

You learn something new everyday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

bigbadcon wrote: »
    You learn something new everyday...

Yep, back when I was a nipper, it were Diamond Darrell. It wasn't until after Vulgar Display of Power he started being known as Dimebag.

I thought he was laughing at her when she said diamond cause he was kind of smirking in the background :D

Diamond Darrell sounds like a car salesman inallinanyways..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Acacia wrote: »
    Metro Station was on it! Miley Cyrus' brother's band,ffs!

I know! I was watching it the other day and they had Liv Tyler's Da's band on it, mental!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Time for Terrorizer to bring out a music channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

To be fair though If you look up reviews to St Anger when it came out they were mostly all positive. And saying similar things to Kerrang wasnt til late that most of the hate for it arrived.

Kerrang gave it 5 K's when it came out!!:P

lord lucan wrote: »
    Kerrang gave it 5 K's when it came out!!:P

Is that 5ks out of 10 ks? haha

ive never read Kerrang :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Jack Vegas wrote: »
    I know! I was watching it the other day and they had Liv Tyler's Da's band on it, mental!

I think there's quite a difference between Steven Tyler and Miley Cyrus...:rolleyes:

Is that 5ks out of 10 ks? haha

ive never read Kerrang :pac:

The highest rating is 5 K's.

I remember when St. Anger was released they gave it 5 K's and then about a year later I was reading an issue of Kerrang in a mates house and they were looking back on some of Metallica's albums and they had an article about Metallica's albums and what ratings Kerrang gave them. In this particular issue they gave St. Anger 2 K's. Pfft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

I think there's quite a difference between Steven Tyler and Miley Cyrus...:rolleyes:

Yeah. About 45 years! :D

That_Guy wrote: »
    The highest rating is 5 K's.

I remember when St. Anger was released they gave it 5 K's and then about a year later I was reading an issue of Kerrang in a mates house and they were looking back on some of Metallica's albums and they had an article about Metallica's albums and what ratings Kerrang gave them. In this particular issue they gave St. Anger 2 K's. Pfft.

Yeah same as most of the others.They gave it high scores then after they heard people complaining about it, went along with the crowd and tried to change the score.

Yeah same as most of the others.They gave it high scores then after they heard people complaining about it, went along with the crowd and tried to change the score.

The drums on St. Anger sounded like someone swinging a cat into a pot. If that gives you 5K's then anything will suffice these days.

Damn you Kerrang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Bring back Superrock on mtv at midnight on mondays lol:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    Bring back Superrock on mtv at midnight on mondays lol:pac:

Less Julia Valet. Just the vids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Dang! Couldn't remember her name, knew she was blonde and had big......eh......ahem :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

MOAR Julia Valet. God damn she was ****in hot..

Isnt kerrang owned by the same crowd who run smash hits tv and them other gay stations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BasuGasu

I was watching the tellybox the other day and seen an advert for 'Kerrang! 2009', the anuual compilation album. Well, my god, the stuff on it was as far removed from rock/metal as you can get. Metro Station was on it! Miley Cyrus' brother's band,ffs! Don't get me wrong, I admit to liking a few of their songs, but I really don't think they should be on Kerrang!

That's not snobbery, I just don't feel them or their ilk are Kerrang! material.

Than again, Kerrang!, Scuzz , etc have been going way too mainstream for a while now.

Would you guys watch these channels much, or read Kerrang!? Do you like how mainstream they've got, or would you like a return to the old days?

Kerrang has been rubbish for years.....i mean, one day i seen eminem on it! that done it for me! Scuzz is still half way decent! but still, like was said, mtv2 all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

So Im gettin the general consensus is **** Kerrang!

So stop watching it? I did, 5 years ago!

nedtheshed wrote: »

The only Metal tv show I watch is Headbangers Ball on MTV2 with Jamey Jasta from Hatebreed.

What night is this on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

DeadSkin wrote: »
    What night is this on?
    According to [URL="|http://www.mtv.com/shows/headbangers_ball/series.jhtml"]here[/URL] it's on at 2AM Eastern Time on Saturdays which would make it 9PM Saturday our time. I've never watched it as I tend to be either in the pub or on my way to the pub at that time!

malice_ wrote: »
    According to [URL="|http://www.mtv.com/shows/headbangers_ball/series.jhtml"]here[/URL] it's on at 2AM Eastern Time on Saturdays which would make it 9PM Saturday our time. I've never watched it as I tend to be either in the pub or on my way to the pub at that time!

Cheers malice_, but the linky no worky.

I've checked the listings on Sky there and MTV2 are showing The Killers live tonight at 9 :confused:

Ah, the good old days of goin' to pub :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Cheers malice_, but the linky no worky.
    Oops, I'm not sure how I copied and pasted it wrong. This link should work.

Advertisement