Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My girl puppy/dog humps people

Options
  • 09-08-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

I dont know if this has been asked already but does anyone have this problem?

Rampage is a 10month old daschund/westie mix and just before she went into her first heat she started humping my partner, other dogs and bitches and anyone who calls to the house. I know its a dominance thing and she never does it to me but no matter what i do i cant stop her doing it to other people, its been happening for about 2 months.

Any advice on how to stop her would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

"Rampage", sorry, can't stop laughing!

But check this link, hope it helps.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4510488_stop-dog-humping.html

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

My puppy (4 months :rolleyes:) has recently started humping things his pillow, the Oh's leg :D (not mine atleast!) But I found it's more of a discovery thing with him as opposed to dominance.

The way I was told to stop it is to treat it as any other unacceptable behavior, ie. chewing shoes or jumping on furniture.

Stern no and if that doesn't work I give him a bit of a time out - I use the porch and son't let him out until he stops barking. Eventually he should realise that he is being punished for the bad behavior and associate No's and time outs with the humping and stop.

Also sometimes in the act if he wo't listen to no I give him a squirt off a spray bottle which stops him straight away.

It's beginning to sink in with him :D

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Could be partly hormonal methinks? (Correct me if I'm wrong) are you planning on getting her spayed. They do say it can be a dominence thing as well. Saying that my previous dog was spayed and she'd very occasionally do this to cushions and she was in no way dominant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

When we were kids my friend had a dog that would do it all the time.

My friends Dad, told us the dog was trained to pull off wellington boots!:eek:

We believed him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Just treat it as unacceptable behaviour , especially with people. Dog will soon learn if your strict about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭elainepie

BryanL wrote: »
    When we were kids my friend had a dog that would do it all the time.

My friends Dad, told us the dog was trained to pull off wellington boots!:eek:

We believed him

ha ha THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!

Advertisement