Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband in Dublin 4?

Options
  • 09-08-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Hi Does anybody know when UPC broadband will be coming to Dublin 4? I am sick of eircoms crappy serivce :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

I know your pain - in Dublin 20, and zero indication of NTL BB being available.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

3/4 of this year in D10 I was told....which in reality could mean any time next year :rolleyes: who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I'm moving into a place in Donnybrook and according to the UPC Ireland website it is available. Is this not the case? Don't think I could take having to stay with eircom tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Hi Does anybody know when UPC broadband will be coming to Dublin 4? I am sick of eircoms crappy serivce :mad:

I know it's REALLY annoying! I was living on strand road in Sandymount and had NTL BB fine - In March I moved to a place on Merrion Road practically behind where I had been living and I was told there's no broadband availability.
    I rang in March and was told they were "upgrading the network" and I've been on to them a few times since but still no sign of it! They are reluctant to give a date when it will be available, all they say is "you'll get flyers in the door when it is"

Feel the phone line options are too dear as my work pays for my mobile so we don't have phone line activated.
    Want to use Xbox live so those broadband dongles aren't up to scratch.

HURRY UP NTL!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Idioteque wrote: »
    I know it's REALLY annoying! I was living on strand road in Sandymount and had NTL BB fine - In March I moved to a place on Merrion Road practically behind where I had been living and I was told there's no broadband availability.
    I rang in March and was told they were "upgrading the network" and I've been on to them a few times since but still no sign of it! They are reluctant to give a date when it will be available, all they say is "you'll get flyers in the door when it is"

Feel the phone line options are too dear as my work pays for my mobile so we don't have phone line activated.
    Want to use Xbox live so those broadband dongles aren't up to scratch.

HURRY UP NTL!!!!

hey I live near there too ;) I also have xbox live and trying to play it with a 30GB cap is crap :mad:. I got a message in the post a few months ago saying that "work will commence soon on upgrading the network" so hopefully... oh and I found this on the UPC website http://www.upc.ie/media/2009/6/30/map_dublin.jpg hmm

• Advertisement
Advertisement