Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funfest in Blanch

Options
  • 09-08-2009 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Went up to Funfest last night in Blanch, big sign on the entrance , "prices same as 2006" well this was clearly not the case , most of the rides are 2.50 plus, when they used to be €2.00 ,Prices have gone up not down.

Just thought that given the recession, they could reduce prices and get more people in, easily spent €50 in an hour last night with two kids.

Has anybody else gone and what did you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Haven't gone, won't be going after what happened two years ago.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/woman-fighting-for-life-after-horror-fall-1082349.html

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0918/funfair.html?rss
    A 29-year-old woman remains in a serious but stable condition in hospital following a fairground accident in Dublin last night.

The accident happened shortly after 8pm at the Fun Fest funfair in the Millennium Park in Blanchardstown.

According to gardaí a 29-year-old woman and a 13-year-old girl were taken to hospital after they were thrown from a high-speed ride.

The woman was taken to Connolly Hospital in Blanchardstown. She sustained several broken bones.

The teenage girl was taken to Temple Street Children's Hospital and was released in the early hours of this morning following treatment for her injuries, which were described as minor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@Sharrow
    What was the outcome of this? Accidents happen ... there's risk in everything. There's been numerous accidents in various high profile amusement parks too that I've heard of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sharrow wrote: »

I suppose you've stopped going to Funderland also, because of the death there years ago?

I was there the night that accident happened two years ago and it won't stop me going again. Like the previous poster said, there's risk in absolutely everything these days. Accidents happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Random wrote: »
    Accidents happen ... there's risk in everything. There's been numerous accidents in various high profile amusement parks too that I've heard of.

In high profile amusement parks, they operate in the same location all year (well, most of it) long. These mobile fairs only operate for a small period of time in one location and for an accident to happen in this window is not a good sign.

I agree there is risks in everything but I wouldn't be putting myself in something where I'd feel there is a heightened risk.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I was interested to see if there was any investigation into it or anything that may have held the fair negligent etc.

Otherwise I'd be as happy to go there as somewhere like Funderland really.

But each to their own of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2007/09/19/story42941.asp

According to this they fell out of the ride... I know the ride in question tilts, so if they were slight in anyway they could have slipped out. The barrier could also have been faulty and not locked properly.

Advertisement