Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype S2 from UK.

• 09-08-2009 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I have just bought an unlocked Amoi Skype S2 phone from ebay (which is from UK). I have tried with my ireland three sim card. The MSN, website and everything work perfectly but not SKYPE. I bought this phone because I want to use skype to call my girlfriend in UK. It is really sad if the skype not working. Anyone have had same experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭xtremepoizn

Skype on Three Ireland is free but you need to top-up by 10 euros to use Skype for free for the next 30 days. Did you top up by 10 euros or over in the last 30 days? Have a look at your account settings on three.ie and see if it says anything about Skype. Skype should work on the S2 there is no reason it shouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 cwjcwjcwj

I did. I just top up 20 Euros early August. I managed to connect to MSN messenger and etc. But not Skype....really strange....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

you need an irish phone not a uk one if your using an irish sim..

but i have unlocked the UK phone. So, supposely I can use the phone over here and skype

different firmware, irish sim needs an irish phone

I don't understand why you bought a uk phone, they may have the same name but there 2 different networks, a 3 uk phone is not the same as a 3 irl phone software and configaration wise..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭xtremepoizn

I don't think its true that you need an Irish phone as I use a UK one and its fine!

Just had to update the current UK settings to Irish as follows:

Connection Name: 3
    Data Bearer: Packet Data
    Access Point Name: 3ireland.ie
    Homepage: http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey

Might also have to update skype which can be done here:

http://mobile.three.co.uk/sdf/skypeupdate

or

Planet 3, services, communicate, skype

you use a uk skype s2 phone? It was never brought out over here..didn't think it would work..I must be wrong..

xtremepoizn, are you using skype s2?

xtremepoizn, are you using skype s2?

Advertisement