Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Goats

Options
  • 09-08-2009 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Its funny I havent been on in a long time, but all this carry on about renewing of licences has kind of re-kindled my interest. Being steeped in luck, a mate of mine has given, (yes given free gratis!!) me a gun cabinet, a warmflow 3 gun safe. Thankfully its stamped that it is up to BS standard so it'll be fine. Just need to bolt it to the wall now, and try and get a key for it, or a new lock maybe, (the key is missing).
    Anyway, just wondering if any of ye have ever shot any wild goats?
    I've shot 12 with my CZ527 22 Hornet.
    I remember being told at the time I bought the gun that 22 hornet wouldnt be a big enough calibre for the job, but I've never had any problems with it, and never had to put a 2nd shot into any of my victims.
    The forestry plantation I was patrolling is goat free for the past 2 years now.
    Just checking if any of ye have any views on the subject?
    I know in the U.K and most of the U.S.A. hunting deer with a 22 Hornet is illegal as they feel its not a powerful enough weapon
    Talk soon
    A Country Voice

Advertisement