Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - online loan from abroad?

Options
  • 09-08-2009 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi lads was looking to get a loan online. Obviously I have tried the banks but I have now resorted to looking for a loan online. I came across a business online that accepted my loan application but they are based in Nigeria!!. I just want your advice if you think I will get scammed out of it or what sort of questions should I ask them before gettin the loan. Here are two emails they sent to me. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Hi xxx

I received your e-mail sent, and all information is verified and confirmed.The next step of the loan, the loan terms, conditions and payment plan, agreement, before proceeding to the next step is the transfer of your loan through their elected choice for the loan.

So, with all due respect, let me assure you that my company is willing to consider the loan within 2-5 working days depending on your prompt response to this e-mail. Therefore, if you are familiar with the terms and conditions, please inform me so we will continue, until the date of the transfer is sent, the transfer of your loan starts and you will receive it within 2-5 hours work.

CONDITIONS OF MAIN LOAN: 1000 euros
    1) The borrower must be at least 18 years or more.
    2) The loan is provided to you by bank transfer / Western Union / diplomatic service in terms of choice of supplier.
    3) The borrower must be willing to repay loans.
    4) The borrower must have a good job to ensure that he / she is able to repay loans.
    5) The borrower must be ready, the loan agreement document, to ensure that he or she is trustworthy.
    6) After the loan is fully paid by the borrower, a certificate of participation for the borrower.

Payment Plan / Schedule:
    Loan Balance: 1,000.00 euros
    Loan Interest Rate: 3.00%
    Loan Term: 1 year
    Monthly Loan Payment: 84.69 euros
    Number of Payments: 12
    Cumulative Payments: 1,016.33 euros
    Total Interest Paid: 16.33 euros

LOAN transfer options:

(1) Western Union transfer: This is the quickest way in which the loan can be transferred to you anywhere in the world. In general, advice to clients choose this option, because we know that it is better all.According agent of Western Union transfer:
    $20,000.00 to you via Western Union, costs 55.00 euros and can not be deducted from the loan principal, as insurance to protect the loan commitment.

(2) transfer from bank to bank: This is a type of transmission, the need to send their bank details to transfer the loan by the bank. To carry out this process, the cost of a transfer for 60.00 euros and the loan will be in your account within 24 hours after the loan has been transferred.

(3) Mail Delivery Service: This is a type of transmission, based on a control of the delivery company so they can offer loans to your door. If you choose this option, you must give your real address and phone number that can receive the loan, which will cost an additional 90.00 euros shipping.

(4) loan agreement documents:
    (1) The loan agreement document must be signed by you so that we have 100% confidence in you to repay the loan after it was transferred to you.

2. Repayment: The loan must be repaid to the lender at the end of the term of the loan, the loan applicant without delay.For For this reason, we have a maximum of two (1 years) years for borrowers that he / she is in a position the loan within that period.

You also have to scan and send a copy of your ID card to an idea of the person you're with.Considering the above conditions, if acceptable to you, we recommend that you give me a brief answer to this one company may be assigned to the loan documents to sign, after the payment information needed for the transmission of the fare of your choice, the inclusion of the loan.

Note: If you do not understand something in society loan terms and conditions, please inform me to be more enlightened about the approval of the loan regulations.

Your urgent response to this e-mail will be highly expected.

Best regards.
    Thank you and God bless.

I then asked them to confirm that there company was legit. This is the second email they sent to me

How are you doing today? we recieved your email and its content was well noted. We will like you to know that this company is a registered and approved lending firm, by the UNITED NATIONS.

We can lend anybody loan from any part of the WORLD without any obstacle. So we want you to be rest assured that you are dealing with a legit lending firm from FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

You can contact the MINISTRY OF FINANCE IN THE COUNTRY via federalministryoffinanceng@yahoo.com.

We await your urgent response soonest

Regards
    JACK NICE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

avoid avoid avoid.

scam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bobski

avoid avoid avoid.

scam

Ok, thanks, anyone else?

I just need this loan, cant get one from anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

avoid this like the plague, no matter how badly you need the money, this will only end badly for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭BankMan

ahh come on. Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

You have got to be joking.

At a quick glance at that mail, I counted 12 unique reasons why this can only be a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please, please tell me this is a wind up..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

haha... I got a great laugh out of that. Definitely a wind up I think. To the OP, if your seriously wondering is this a scam, maybe you should not use the Internet. Seriously. Anything finance related from Nigeria is 100% ALWAYS a scam (in my 10 years IT experience). also, ministry of finance offices don't use a free yahoo webmail address.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BadCRC

free_candy_van.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bobski

Thanks lads It was a bit obvious that it was a scam alright but Im just that desperate for the loan :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

wrote:
    We will like you to know that this company is a registered and approved lending firm, by the UNITED NATIONS.

We can lend anybody loan from any part of the WORLD without any obstacle. So we want you to be rest assured that you are dealing with a legit lending firm from FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

You can contact the MINISTRY OF FINANCE IN THE COUNTRY via federalministryoffinanceng@yahoo.com.

I lolled.

Advertisement