Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who was the best Captain?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

For me it would have to be Picard. He takes a much more disciplined approach to situations. He isn't some shoot first ask questions later kind of maverick. He prefers to find a less aggressive solution. If that doesn't work he'll take the gloves off and god help the poor devil on the receiving end.

Riv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I reckon everyone wants to be Kirk.

But I'd have to have Picard as my Captain. He's not quite daddy Adama, but you'd follow him into the unknown....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

For me sisko was a complete pussy, untill season3 of ds9. Then he just became the duke nukem of startrek !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I voted for Picard.

But I would rank Archer pretty highly too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Kiith wrote: »
    Who voted for Janeway?

On an even more serious note, who voted for George Bush Archer?

Anyway, its James T all the way!!!!

kirk_bow.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Ok, wtf voted for Janeway and Archer????

Its either Picard or Kirk. Picard for me.

Sisko kicked ass, but just didn't have that certain something extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Anti wrote: »
    For me sisko was a complete pussy, untill season3 of ds9. Then he just became the duke nukem of startrek !

I think his balls were on the Defiant the whole time. Thank god he found em. Sisko from season 3 on was a whole different man. The shaved head and beard completed his transformation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Anti wrote: »

And it was Season 3 that he officially became a captain too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Girl Power! Tough woman in mans galaxy! I say Go Girl!
    Seriously though, Janeway's approach to a situation was always measured and really thought out, and she wasnt afraid to ask for her No. 2's opinion even if she didnt always take it. and the fact that she was able to maintain the chain of command without becoming a tyrant while stranded int he Delta Quadrant was just pure class on her part!
    Picard would be next. Forever the diplomat but I was kinda sad that he never had a successfull relationship!
    Sisko annoyed me.
    Kirk is cheese on toast but such a womaniser!
    archer? who's he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i grew up on tng myself but kirk was the best (william shatner) not kirkmktwo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Janeway, without a doubt. Brave, resourceful, pragmatic, all the while having the best interests of the crew in mind - she embodied everything a Starfleet captain is supposed to be. She always did what she had to do without giving a **** what her crew or anyone else thought of her. Now that's the mark of a truly efficient captain.

And Picard is a close second for me. How can anyone not love Picard? He's a total ledge.

F*ck Kirk and his womanizing. I never saw any noble qualities in him. I'll take dryballs Archer over that arrogant dolt any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I totally agree! janeway rocks. I never really like Kirk either. Picard would be my second. I hate Archer. I dont know what it is about him!

Advertisement