Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Circulation pump and UFH query

• 09-08-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,
    Recently installed UFH upstairs and down and am trying to get used to working the system.
    I noticed that when i set the stats at say 11deg and room temp was say 20deg i found the circulation pumps seemed to be still pumping.
    Is this normal? should the system not shut down until the temp drops to 11deg.
    Is there not a risk of the circ pumps burning out if they are on all the time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Know < nought about UFH but do know that stats are often wired wrong, as are timers by individuals who either assume they are all the same or cant read the instructions.

Most stats switch the power from one terminal to another in the stat so if the wrong terminal is wired the stat will be off when u expect it on and visa versa:)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Is that one pump serving seperate zones upstairs? Mine is wired so when a stat calls for heat, pump comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭eugenedoc1

Yeah seperate circ pump upstairs also.
    I spoke with the plumber who said like i thought that the pump should only come on when the stats call for the heat. The electrician must have wired it to be on constant

Advertisement