Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for Tattoo Placement

Options
  • 09-08-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest some tattoo placements for me as I can't think of where to put my next tattoo!

I plan on getting a quill based on the attached image. I first planned to get it done on my foot but I think the space might be too small to have it detailed without taking up my whole foot. Then I thought I might get it done on my ribs, or just below, but don't think I'm slim enough to pull it off and worried that the skin there would stretch if I ever get pregnant.

I already have a tattoo on my right thigh and lower right back. I don't want a tattoo on my arms, lower legs or shoulder blades. I know this leaves little or no options but I hoped someone might be able to come up with a creative suggestion.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i have my ribs done and as far as i know, they're not affected that badly by pregnancy as long as it doesn't stretch too far onto your stomach

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hazelhoff

I was thinking the same thing, would it look stretched if i got pregnant but my boyf pointed out that even if your skin does stretch its not gonna look any worse cause there is a tattoo there, it might even make the stretch marks pretty lol, I would like to get it nearer to the underarm so that it wont be too near the love handles. I am planning on getting a big enough one. I think the one you picked would be lovely at your ribs, different liek.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭blacon9

From a guys point of view, tattoos on womens stomach area just above the hipbone to either the right or left side are really nice. There is the problem of pregnancy, im not sure how much they would stretch, but you can get it touched up again after pregnancy.

My gf has one on each side of her stomach and theyre pretty cool.

Other than that, foot/ankle area is nice. If you dont want shoulders/arms/thighs/legs anymore, youre really only left with stomach, ribs, neck or feet tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I was thinking about this a bit more and was thinking of doing it on the centre of my back to the left of my spine but was worried it might look a bit randomly placed. I could go quite big with this though and think it could be cool to have a large tattoo that no one really knows about.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

maybe lower back....to right of spine - that way if u wanted to get script or something, it'd look like the quill wrote/drew it. just a thought.

• Advertisement
Advertisement