Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to register for the Serdog forums?

Options
  • 09-08-2009 10:31pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

*Sherdog.

Tried there for myabe the 10th time since Christmas, got the usual "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator."

Only forum I've ever encountered that constantly blocks newcomers registering.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Seriously why would you want to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

rovert wrote: »
    Seriously why would want to?

i know right :confused:

If you must engage with the pondlife op maybe try during down time between big news / events.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Seriously why would you want to?

+ 1

The site is full of muppets!

Unfortunately the UG forum seems to be heading the same direction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

yes you can. I reg'd on it no problem

Oh wait no..you said Serdog. I dont think their is such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

They disabled registration before 100 because of high volumes they were expecting. Maybe the activation is in your junk e-mail section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ewwwwwww sherdog

*scrubs self in cold shower*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sherdog isn't as bad as people make it out to be. MMA.tv is just as bad anymore [and that used to be the place to go to] I still read some of the threads on Sherdog but don't post as much after a guy tried to scam me out of a copy of the Sponsorship Package I got.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Sherdog isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

One look at the main page of UFC/Heavyweight section would disprove this statement.

Isnt there hidden forums on Sherdog which sensible discussion takes place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I used to be on Sherdog all the time in about 2004 / 2005, but left soon after. Every thread degenerates into absolute drivel.

One thread was a link to ebay where they were selling of some fighter memorabilia to raise money for a fighter's wife who was suffering from cancer. Posts like " sure he's a ****e fighter anyway" and " those gloves look ****e for 100 euro " just made up my mind.

Full of trolls and internet tough guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I used to be on Sherdog all the time in about 2004 / 2005, but left soon after. Every thread degenerates into absolute drivel.

One thread was a link to ebay where they were selling of some fighter memorabilia to raise money for a fighter's wife who was suffering from cancer. Posts like " sure he's a ****e fighter anyway" and " those gloves look ****e for 100 euro " just made up my mind.

Full of trolls and internet tough guys.

Alot of MMA message fourms are like that now post-TUF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

One look at the main page of UFC/Heavyweight section would disprove this statement.

Isnt there hidden forums on Sherdog which sensible discussion takes place?

If your a fighter the guys on the "Training Forums" are okay, they don't get involved in the usual "Brock would get zulu'd", or "GSP by pwnage" that goes on in the heavyweights.

The amount of people in the heavyweights that mix up weight divisions is unbelievable. They lack the basic MMA knowledge that most casual fans possess.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Was reading the Sherdog forum about Forrest legging it off after the match.

One guy says "the answer is simple, he had to do biology"

First I thought, was this a reference to Forrest made to look like a schoolkid against Silva.

Then i realised he meant he had to run off and take a sh1t.

What utter muppet says "do biology" in reference to taking a dump?

You're right, fúck it.
    Couldn't be arsed registering for that cesspit.

Advertisement