Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti Fog Face Protection

Options
  • 09-08-2009 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    I switched from a standard full face mask to Bolle X1000 googgles and at the moment use neoprene face mask. The googles still fogup a good bit.
    Is the neoprene mask making the problem worse.

What other options do i have to work with X1000's. I have no problem using Fogtech but shouldnt really have to.

I play on a bio bb site so mesh i was thinking mesh is the not the way to go, plus my Bolle's are brand new.

Cheers

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Pretty much all goggles will fog if they aren't kept clean, once ya give them a good cleaning before every use they shouldn't give ya any trouble, the mask might be channeling your warm breath up into the goggles and making the problem worse for ya.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭-=AIR=-

Tokio marui full face mask with fan 80 e, perfect ! Tryed and happy!One minus - with helmet you may had some problems ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MKIII

I got a pair of Viper goggels but no mask they're okish.They fog up but it goes away almost as soon as it appers.Great for iron sights but i still prefer my swiss arms full face mesh mask.Still haunted by memories of running around blind in paintball games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

Recommend Bitter End stamped steel mesh - I was skeptical, but I wouldn't use anything else now. I tried loads of glass/poly - all fogged up... including my Bolle's.
    See
    http://www.st6-airsoft.com/stamped_steel_goggles.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭RampantWolf

I had the same problem with a pair of Guarders, with a neoprene mask they were almost unusable, without they were grand. I'm guessing the mask manages to channel almost all that warm, moist air into the goggles as the path of least resistance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MKIII

agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭elDiablo79

when wearing your googles you could try wearing a gum shield to protect your teeth from hits. havent tried it myself yet but will next weekend. clean googles with fogtech before skirmish.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

i would prefer to stick with the bolles. I did see some guy modifying a face mask onto a set of Bolles. Will this have the same effect for fogging.
    As for gum shield, i prefer not if i can at all. I want some all round face protection... But I will try fogtech. Does it work well with Goggles/neoprene combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Heres another option: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250467553680

I don't have one myself so I can't say if it actually works, but I will be buying one soon in hopes that it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Heres another option: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250467553680

I don't have one myself so I can't say if it actually works, but I will be buying one soon in hopes that it does.

interesting.. might call into lock bike shop this week and ask them,

• Advertisement
Advertisement