Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Ucd

Options
  • 09-08-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Just wondering what the story with parking is, I'm going to be attending Quinn school of business........is it disc parking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

Nearly all of ucd has free parking, just keep an eye out for the signs but good luck finding a space anytime after half 9!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

No, it's free parking at the moment, but there are rumours that pay and display parking will be brought in.

If you're coming in to ucd between 7.30am-10.30am and 4.30pm-7.30pm and want to get parking around the Quinn building you'll need to come in the Foster's Ave gate as there are gates/barriers which are closed at these times, meaning you can't drive from one side of ucd to the other.

Also, parking in ucd is at a premium during term time, with it proving difficult to find parking after 10am at peak times of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bex2

Dnt mind trying to find a place near your building , after half 9 its sheer luck to find a space. You keep driving in and out of all the different car parks and end up constantly passing the same cars that are doing the same thing!

The campus carparks are always quite reliable for me and also down by the science buildings! Ther both free!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I found last year that it was impossible to find a parking space between 10am-3pm. Unless, while cruising the car parks you see someone walking and stalk them back to their car and pop into their space, but that rarely happens.

Moral of the story, want a parking space? BE EARLY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 FallinDown

If you one gets there 7:30 - 8:30am there would be no problem getting a space?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

FallinDown wrote: »
    If you one gets there 7:30 - 8:30am there would be no problem getting a space?

That time would be fine. Be aware that some spaces have been reduced or closed altogether due to building works. The parking area at the Conway is closed and the one between the Health Centre and Student Union is very much reduced due to work on the swimming pool etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 FallinDown

Preusse wrote: »
    That time would be fine. Be aware that some spaces have been reduced or closed altogether due to building works. The parking area at the Conway is closed and the one between the Health Centre and Student Union is very much reduced due to work on the swimming pool etc...

great,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

The health sciences car park is down to about only 120 spaces and you can bet a load of them will be taken by builders working on the swimming pool... With the conway spaces gone too, there's not much parking to be had before going to the back of ag or arts...

Should be um, "interesting" when term starts again... wicklow eoin, since you're unfamiliar with UCD a bit of advice - don't park anywhere that's not a marked space! There's usually a fairly steep learning curve in the first few weeks of term for people coming on campus with cars, and there's no safety in numbers... I took this in the first week of term last year, on my way out the Conway gate.

(Edit - except the gravel carparks obviously, just try not to block anyone in! ;))

Advertisement