Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEC Spoiler results thread

Options
  • 09-08-2009 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

Its not all about the UFC people!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dunkamania wrote: »
    Its not all about the UFC people!

might as well be if Zuffa own it :D

Was just about to bump the other thread about the stream to remind folks, ill be waiting for a cheaper source given my current job less ness :(

But this cant fail to be anything less than a cracker , even the bad wec events are better than average / good UFC events :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Im looking forward to this always great fast paced fights. Torres is going to run through Bowles tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mmaniac

Man that bantamweight division is fast becoming my fav to watch. Very rearly a bad fight. All action fights. GREAT. Frank Mir talks some crap as co commentater he is no joe rogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'm shocked Torres lost, Bowles caught him with some great shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mmaniac

Shock of the year. Cant believe it. Great performance from bowles. Motherfeckers shut down the stream just be4 the stoppage had to scramble to find another one. Much better nite of fights tonight than last nite.

• Advertisement

wow what a fight, just watched torres and bowels. will watch the rest later.

fights like this are why espn or someone MUST start showing WEC here.

I thought Torres was going to KO him at the end landing 4 or 5 nice shots, next thing he's on the canvas being pounded :eek:

Had to watch it again to see that it was a right hand with bowels stepping back that dropped Torres. just like silva and griffin !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Shocked at the Torres result. He got KTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Bowles reminds me of Mike Brown - strong, good wrestler, can eat a few shots and then throw a fight-ender himself. You could see from the first exchange that Torres was going to have to avoid every punch Bowles threw to stay on his feet. Also, thought the stoppage was fairly late, quite a few unanswered shots at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Was not expecting that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

mmaniac wrote: »
    Frank Mir talks some crap as co commentater he is no joe rogan.

Mir was great on this show! He had a few lines where it sounded like he was told to stop speaking :pac:

The Torres loss didn't surprise me as much as the Faber loss. Bowles is a very impressive fighter and nobody's unbeatable

There were some great fights. Much better than the UFC show

I thought that Curran won myself. Last round was definitely his, as was the second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

I was hoping the WEC would be on tv here also but obviuosly not. Anyone know where you can watch it online?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Illegal stream

I think ESPN or someone has to take that on. I watched some of them fights and thought they were brilliant. Particularly liked Garcia and Massou. Great heart from both.

Fozzy wrote: »

I thought that Curran won myself. Last round was definitely his, as was the second

Agreed, as said on the commentary he was winning the bloody fight from the bottom in the last round delivering far better strikes, and the triangle at the end was a thing of beauty. I just wish curren kept pounding when he flipped him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I agreed with all the decisions, I would have given Curran the last round but none of the others. Judging in the US still hasnt evolved to a point where wining a round from bottom is likely

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dunkamania wrote: »
    I agreed with all the decisions, I would have given Curran the last round but none of the others. Judging in the US still hasnt evolved to a point where wining a round from bottom is likely
    Still so much focus on wrestling in the US so top=pin=win
    I always preferred Prides judging criteria since it was judged on the fight as a whole instead of round by round and attempts to finish a fight were the highest scoring criteria

Advertisement