Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable 7" analog TV - Will it work?

Options
  • 10-08-2009 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Does anybody have any experience with small portable tv sets, something like this:
    http://www.geekalerts.com/portable-7-inch-widescreen-lcd-tv-from-nikkai/

Would I be able to receive RTE on one of these? There are quite a few for sale on ebay UK. They say: "with Integrated Freeview and Analogue Receiver" so it should work right?

Anybody have any experiences good or bad?
    Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 middling

.. anybody at all?! It's for a sick relative in hospital so I'd like to get it soon if anyone thinks it will work for her.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I'll be hoping to get something like this for the car soon. I think Maplin do them as well, noit sure how good they are though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Some of them (particularly if made for the UK market) only have UHF tuners.

In parts of Ireland RTE1 and 2 are on VHF

If buying a digital one you should note that it needs to be MPEG4 compatable for Irish digital transmissions (currently testing but not available everywhere)

Most "Freeview" TV's are MPEG2 only

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

So would you think the same would apply to this one http://readeroffers.irishtimes.com/i-hh-10729-eca-1/Inovalley-digital-Freeview-7in-LCD-TV/ I was so hoping to get this on my christmas list and finally be able to see tv in the kitchen. I couldn't figure out how the ariel would help it pick up the digital signal (particularly since we are on analogue with ntl). But if anyone thinks there is a way I can make it work, i'm only too happy to hear it, cheers, f

Advertisement