Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manfrotto tripod...clip missing.

• 10-08-2009 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I have a manfrotto tripod and i've noticed that the clip piece that screws onto the camera is missing. I'm wondering is it possible to get a replacement clip and if so where?

Really need to get one asap as I'm going on hols in a month.

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

DML in Parkwest are official distributor, give them a shout to learn whether they have it. Have the head type ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

ThOnda wrote: »
    DML in Parkwest are official distributor, give them a shout to learn whether they have it. Have the head type ready.

how do i know what the head type is? the model is a manfrotto 785B tripod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

i think most of those parts are the same regardless of the head. I got a few in Gunnes a while ago to save the hassle of changing them from camera to camera. €12 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

The model number of the head will be written on the head.

I've two different Manfrotto heads and each has a different quick release plate, so knowing the head model number will be needed to get a replacement plate.

Alternatively post a picture (or bring the head to a supplier) and we'll try to identify it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

Is it the whole plate or just part of it that is missing? There are several different types of plates such as the hexagonal one which fits several of the heavier heads or there are a few different rectangular and square types. If you need the screw only then they are all standard. You should be able to pick up the whole plate easily enough and Bermingham Cameras usually have a supply of different ones off the shelf. Give them a ring at 01 6772205. If you have no luck you I could give you a loan of one (Hexagonal) until your replacement turns up.
    PM me if you are stuck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement