Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobe- The shadow in the sky

Options
  • 10-08-2009 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭

This isn't strictly my music but rather that of someone close to me.

Jobe is a Kildare-based musician producing what might loosely be termed alternative rock played primarily with orchestral instrumentation. The music has variously been said to echo Depeche Mode, Nick Cave, Amanda Palmer, Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush. It's dark, melancholic and rather unashamedly self-absorbed. But it's also clever, complex, at times uncomfortably honest and most of all beautiful. The shadow in the sky is his first album, released just last week. The album charts the rise and fall of a relationship, the cycle of trying to get over it, thinking you've done it and then realising you really haven't.

It is free to download and stream from: http://www.jobe.ie

There's also a torrent: http://www.mininova.org/tor/2835749

And of course the obligatory social network malarky:

MySpace
    Facebook

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

The album will be going on wider release next Friday, September 25th and will be available to buy in Road Records Dublin, Tower Records Dublin and HMV Liffey Valley. Possibly more stores to follow, subject to the artist

Naturally, the album is and will be still free to download in full at the URL in the original post and a selection of tracks with samples of the cover are being uploaded to YouTube, starting with My selfish heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

The shadow in the sky is now available at these stores:

HMV Liffey Valley
    Tower Records
    Road Records
    Golden Discs Maynooth

The album is still available to download for FREE at Jobe.ie.

Advertisement