Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA/Msc Digital Media

Options
  • 10-08-2009 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I was thinking about applying to the digital media postgrad in IADT. Has anyone been through it? Is it kinda dry or can you push in more experimental directions, like say, physical computing and that kind of lark?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

I can't answer your question directly but just to let you know IADT is currently installing a CAVE (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_Automatic_Virtual_Environment ) which I guess could be used for all sorts of experimentation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Actually, that's really interesting, thanks! I'm gonna make me holodeck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hey

Just wanted to bump this thread because I'm considering this course, and was wondering if anyone did it :)

Any thoughts? Interesting? Worthwhile?

I'm mainly interested in web design, is that a major part of the course? The course description is kind of broad and not too specific
    http://www.iadt.ie/en/ProspectiveStudents/SchoolsCourses/SchoolofCreativeArts/MAMScinDigitalMedia/

Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Slavisa

Hi Dave

I know that in IADT they are talking about revamping this course as the demand has been a bit low recently and the fees are quite high. IADT will have a postgrad open evening on the 7th April from 5pm to 8pm, if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sparklicous

i was under the impression that this course didn't run this year due to lack of interest. not sure what the plans are for 2011/2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Slavisa

Hi all

I can confirm that this course will not run in 2011/2012.

Advertisement