Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C-Band at 68.5 E

• 10-08-2009 6:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi

Could someone please let me know if they are able to receive C-Band on Intelsat 7/10 at 68.5E? If so, what size satellite dish are you using and are you able to receive multichoice africa (which is what I am looking for)?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

you need a VERY big dish for C-band. Due to lower frequency you need about x3 diameter for the same EIRP.

The C band Tx tend to cover a larger area and be older lower actual power, so even bigger dish needed.

Also for the west of Ireland the 68.5 is too low in sky. See redline:

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel10_c.html

In the South East something between 3m and 4m might be possible for reliable reception. My friend has a 3.7m mesh petal dish. That's normally regarded as a typical C band dish. In the West, MidWest and North West, I think you are wasting your time.

A 1.7m to 2.4m might be possible with better elevations and closer into the footprint (India, Kenya and Saudi Arabia?).

Advertisement