Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How i'm dealing with 3.2

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Now it's permanent Sunzz. Thank you for playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

As for prot dps, I've just played against this team
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/team-info.xml?r=Drak%27thul&ts=2&t=Arcane+mage+takes+skill&select=Arcane+mage+takes+skill

they're around 2600 mmr the same as us, getting hit for 10k shields is not nice.

That paladin plays Prot/Holy.

Armory doesn't change your build/gear until you log out. Take a look at his other build.

There are 2 viable setups for paladins. Ret with some prot, or prot with some holy. The first is dps, the second is a non squishy healer. People keep forgetting to check the dual spec of the people. It's easy to spot straight away that it's not their pvp setup as they're wearing pve gear. As a dps class, that would be understandable, but as a tank class, resilience is greater than defense any day - resilience reduces all damage, defense simply tries to avoid it. It can't avoid casters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;61550412']You wanna kill me, you better bring a friend ;)

Pfft, nah... :P

Pre patch, I wouldn't touch a paladin with a barge pole. After patch, I can actually kill them O.o
    sunzz wrote: »
    what are you on about/

no matter what way you look at it it's BROKE, hence the change.

tanks out dpsing in 2v2/3v3
    tanks out healing in 2v2/3v3

both of the above is broken, hence getting changed.
    How can u deny it when a TANK out damages and heals in a pvp environment something which was not intended and i'll state once again "HENCE THE CHANGE"

And what are you on about its always something with you people?

It's not broke, 12 million people are not wrong ;)
    ' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;61560847']Now you're saying out damaging? You're talking out your ass lad. Seriously, you are. Prot/Holy paladins can't dps, they can interrupt. They can dot you up if you don't take it off, and do maybe 1/3 or 1/4 if they're lucky, of their partner's overall dmg.

But out dpsing? Now you're just grasping at straws.

Prot pally CAN do serious DPS, same with prot warrior... due to the fact that they can survive for so long.

I came accross 3 hordes, a rogue a warlock and a deathknight. I was in prot PVE gear and prot pve spec. It was fun. I thought I was dead but I gave it a try. Killed the lock then the rogue and got the DK to about 40%. I knew I would kill the warlock, but wasn't sure about the rogue and DK.

I normally PVP as prot, as I can do so much more damage than arms. Arena is slightly differant, as I go arms with a ret paladin. Maximise on damage.

Main thing is that I have a lot of HP dodge block and parry, along with stuns, shield wall last stand that hp regeneration thingy and trinkets. I am not an easy kill ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

poor sunzz, unfairly treated/banned imo. Were here to discuss and thats whats been going on, sure ego's can play their part as we are human but things never get blown out of proportion. :rolleyes:

As long as things don't deteriorate to name calling/flaming, then play ball no? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

nix wrote: »
    poor sunzz, unfairly treated/banned imo. Were here to discuss and thats whats been going on, sure ego's can play their part as we are human but things never get blown out of proportion. :rolleyes:

As long as things don't deteriorate to name calling/flaming, then play ball no? :confused:

Agreed, i personally think it was a bit harsh, but Ivan's the mod here so its his call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I normally PVP as prot, as I can do so much more damage than arms. Arena is slightly differant, as I go arms with a ret paladin. Maximise on damage.

I know some warriors who pvp in BGs as prot. They mostly want to just stand and survive a few people, even if it only serves as a distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Ivan wrote: »
    Now it's permanent Sunzz. Thank you for playing.
    Hey woah! let's all take a step back from the brink here! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;61580645']I know some warriors who pvp in BGs as prot. They mostly want to just stand and survive a few people, even if it only serves as a distraction.

Well in WG, I charge a horde, use thunderclap and that other aoe thing we have... you know the one. Then I cast fear, shield wall, last stand etc etc...
    My shield slam can crit on cloth of up to about 9K, that's serious damage on a lock or mage or priest, plus spell reflect. Reflect a warlock or mages cast and they are pretty much dead.

As arms I charge in, cast mortal strike, bladestorm then die... I might kill one if I get lucky with crits. In a bg, I do more damage as prot as I stay alive for longer. If I get healed, well... it's just nuts. Not saying I am great at pvp, quite the opposite, I am rubbish at it, even with the gear I have.

I don't see too many prot warriors in battle grounds. It's almost always arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭zebrafumbler

Hey woah! let's all take a step back from the brink here! :pac:

How'd fellow fumbler:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

Just for the record (if we're talking about damage in battlegrounds specifically...)

DPS (Damage per second) != Damage done.

Tank classes can last ages, and burst damage classes get roflpwned. Tanks can do more "damage" but their damage is spread over a long time. This means lower dps.

They can out-damage alright, but unless the opposing team are standing in a close knit bunch and the warrior uses TC + Shockwave / paladin drops consecration and uses shield then the dps will be really low.

• Advertisement
Advertisement