Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms (Secure Accommodation) Regulations.

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

rrpc wrote: »
    Except that it's actually: www.psa.gov.ie :eek:

That's fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Oooppss.Sorry bout that.:o Thanks guys.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭altor

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Have a look folks on the private Security Authorithy website www.psa.ie and have alook at the lists of liscensed intruder alarm installers, find one in your area,and get a price for an installation and proof that they meet the ISEN50131 standard.
    Then find off them who does their alarm monitoring or back to the PSA for an approved alarm monitoring company.ASK for their certs and references.A good security company will be only too happy to prove their qualifications and references.
    With abit of shopping around,I reckon the price will be alot less under the 1500 eircom price.And that is an outlandish quote in these times.

Folks,in fairness, having a proper alarm system that is monitored and installed is actualy a good investment anyway.If anything goes wrong with it's installation,like your house catching fire![has happened] thru cowboy or crap DIY Kits or installation of CCTV or Alarm systems,you have some sort of comeback.

Not to mind your guns going walkies,and the hassle of re applying,finding and financing the trauma and shte of dealing with the aftermath of a burgalry,can stay with you for years... God knows how bad it can be if it is an armed robbery.

That is good advise from Grizzly 45.
    Only psa registered alarm installers can install certified alarms and only alarms certified can be monitored by a monitoring company.
    House alarms got off ebay or in woodies are a waste of money and if your going to get one of these you may as well pay the extra money and get it installed by a certified installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

altor wrote: »
    That is good advise from Grizzly 45.
    Only psa registered alarm installers can install certified alarms and only alarms certified can be monitored by a monitoring company.
    House alarms got off ebay or in woodies are a waste of money and if your going to get one of these you may as well pay the extra money and get it installed by a certified installer.

just clicked on grizzlys link. its for some portable storage site:)
    eircom phone watch were giving a discount of €200 until last friday.
    got a quote of them and they were the most competitive. about 1200;)

ayapatrick wrote: »
    just clicked on grizzlys link. its for some portable storage site:)
    eircom phone watch were giving a discount of €200 until last friday.
    got a quote of them and they were the most competitive. about 1200;)

They always have that offer, they just say its going to end so you rush into buying the alarm off them :D
    What where you getting for your €1200 if you dont mind me asking ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

They always have that offer, they just say its going to end so you rush into buying the alarm off them :D
    What where you getting for your €1200 if you dont mind me asking ?

of the top of my head not able to say. ill send ya a pm tomorrow;)
    ps. just looked at some of your other posts! seem ta know a thing or two about alarms!

ayapatrick wrote: »
    of the top of my head not able to say. ill send ya a pm tomorrow;)
    ps. just looked at some of your other posts! seem ta know a thing or two about alarms!

Yea do, i will tell you if your getting good value or not..
    I know them inside out, so any questions you might have just ask :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Yea do, i will tell you if your getting good value or not..
    I know them inside out, so any questions you might have just ask :D

Already have eircom phone watch and monitored alarm system fitted by registered/certified company. Got a price on GSM back up and they quoted me for €7 p/m with an initial cost of €149 for the installation. With prices of €550 etc being floated i think this is great value but what do i know. I give the floor to you sir :D how do you think i'm fairing on this deal.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

ezridax wrote: »
    Already have eircom phone watch and monitored alarm system fitted by registered/certified company. Got a price on GSM back up and they quoted me for €7 p/m with an initial cost of €149 for the installation. With prices of €550 etc being floated i think this is great value but what do i know. I give the floor to you sir :D how do you think i'm fairing on this deal.

Floor taken :D Just 3 questions first.. 1. How much do you pay eircom for the alarm to be monitored before the back up unit is fitted. 2. Do you have a maintenance agreement with eircom since they are monitoring your alarm and if so how much do they charge you for this. 3. What system do you have installed, hkc, simon or concord ?
    Answer all 3 and i will let you know if your getting good value, regards..

Its costing €25p/m for monitoring, €7 p/m for back up. Was told maintenance is included :confused: not sure if i took him up right or wrong on that and as for the system i don't know. Only rang yesterday. Waiting on paperwork, then scheduling dept to ring, then for installer to call out. TBH i'm not over fussy on the system as long as its installed and passes mustar. Sorry i can't be more accurate.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

Its costing €25p/m for monitoring, €7 p/m for back up. Was told maintenance is included :confused: not sure if i took him up right or wrong on that and as for the system i don't know. Only rang yesterday. Waiting on paperwork, then scheduling dept to ring, then for installer to call out. TBH i'm not over fussy on the system as long as its installed and passes mustar. Sorry i can't be more accurate.

That is expensive, thats €396 for the monitoring a year :eek: I do a maintenance and monitoring contract for €220, have to start putting up my prices :D The alarm comes with maintenance for the first year but after that year you will need to take a maintenance contract out to keep your NSAI cert valid and for the alarm to be monitored by a monitoring company..
    If your house is wired it will be a hkc system.. wirefree simon or concord, depending how many components.
    I dont want to ask how much they are charging for your alarm...

Seems a little steep but as i've been paying for the monitoring already and have the alarm installed for nearly 3 years i was only looking at it from the point of the extra cost for the back up. Thanks for the info.

Seems a little steep but as i've been paying for the monitoring already and have the alarm installed for nearly 3 years i was only looking at it from the point of the extra cost for the back up. Thanks for the info.

Your welcome, you never said if eircom service your alarm every year for you ?

Advertisement