Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government surplus properties.

Options
  • 10-08-2009 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭

With an board snips cutbacks such as closing garda stations, will these country stations be sold off, or allowed to continue to fall into disrepair?

I am interested in buying one part time garda station that should be closed.
    Where would these be advertised?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Jail cell and all? Can't see them being sold off, as it'd cost more to strip the place bare, I'd say, but you can't be too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

the_syco wrote: »
    Jail cell and all? Can't see them being sold off, as it'd cost more to strip the place bare, I'd say, but you can't be too sure.

They'd surely have to remove all the desks, equipment, etc prior to moving out anyways, so overall I can't see it being a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Like old schoolhouses ( why are they always resturants now?) or lighthouses or Barracks.

One near me is only open a few hours, has a couple of broken window panes, but I would be interested in the building.

Advertisement