Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to Skydive in September

Options
  • 10-08-2009 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hey all,

Looking to Skydive with a few friends in late September. Can anyone recommend a place near Dublin (well, drivable anyway) to do it?

Kevpatts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

www.skydive.ie

Irish Parachute Club in Clonbollogue, Co. Offaly

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kevpatts

Do you have personal experience with this crowd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 FestivalFox

www.skydiveireland.ie

You should jump here, SDI better views than the IPC. Silvermines mountains on one side and Lough Derg on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

kevpatts wrote: »
    Do you have personal experience with this crowd?

i jump there for fun pretty frequently, what exactly is your question?

basically you ring up, book a date, pay 320e, turn up on date, if the weather is good you jump, enjoy the ride, if not ya come back another day....

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭no1girliegirl

I went to the Irish Parachute Club, it was great, loved it, I really think i'll do it again. The irish parachute club is about an hour drive from Dublin. Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

OP, Staticline or Tandem? not that it matters just curious.:) As long as you leave the aircraft in flight its all fun!!

I've jumped with the IPC before. Did it for charity. They were really good and I enjoyed the experience. I'm going to go to Spain early next year and try to get the AFF done then. The guys down in the IPC were very helpful and informative when I asked them for information on the AFF. Thumbs up from me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

I know a few people who've had long waits with the IPC, club members being given priority over charity jumps meaning you end up waiting for hours to get a jump in.

On my own jump we were treated as a minor annoyance on a mediocre jumping day, something that had to be fitted in rather than a paying customer.

Had 3 days before that of not getting off the ground for the same reason. Only got on a lift by looking for a refund.

My housemate jumps regularly on his own rig with the IPC and he loves them, loves the lads and has great craic.

But my own experience of their tandem jumps is quite negative.

I jumped tandem with them and we were the 3rd group up.

Advertisement