Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues entering Instances

• 10-08-2009 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I have a lvl 80 Horde Pally on Azuremyst, but recently at least on this Server the instances are getting impossible to enter. We are constantly getting the message
    "Additonal Instances cannot be launched, Please try Again" or something to that effect.
    It's actually getting worse on the server, with us generally waiting 20mins to get into an Instance. I've already put in a Ticket with Blizzard, though I doubt they'll respond with anything useful, altough I may try constantly sending them tickets to make sure they know about the issue (Shawshank Redemption style), altough I sorta get the feeling that might just get me banned.

So anyway I was just wondering if anybody else in other Realms are having the same issues?
    And want to join me in Ticketing Blizzard cos surely if enough people send them the same problems they might get around to doing something

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Its a feature of the game to stop realms lagging, only a certain ammount of instances can be run at one time. I think there was a Q&A about it on mmo-champion.com a few days ago explaining it.

Dont worry, we are all going though it at the moment, although i imagine high population realms are suffering worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Its a hardware issue blizz are aware of, but something that cant be fixed overnight.

Releasing a new content patch with instances defo is not going to help, but it is something that just has to be dealt with for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

kazzak is a ****ing nightmare.... it really is... our guild is seriously considering taking up the free transfer offer, im guessing it'll calm down in a couple of weeks when everyone's geared up there alts and ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Right now population on servers is spiking because of the new patch. Loads of people have come back. However, eventually those same people who only ever come back for patches and say they're too good to play the game, and that it's boring, will fnck off again. Might be a couple of weeks, could be a month.

Then everything will be back to normal......hopefully :D

Thats fine for servers that have medium pop's but kazzak and a few others has been having this instance full crap for about 3 or 4 months now, even like 3 or 4 weeks before the patch, it could have taken up to a half hour to get into a HC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dubhdara3

I agree... and I do understand that it is partially being caused by the Patch, but it has also been the same on Azuremyst before the patch as well, where it was taking 15 mins +, and i remember quite a few occasions before the Patch where we ended up giving up after 30mins.

But with the number of people playing wow dwindling, surely this shouldn't be an issue to be happening now. And truth be told it's sorta driving me away from Wow

Quoted blue post.
    More information on this topic can now be found in the following thread:
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=10222123450&sid=1

Original message:

We are aware of the concerns regarding situations where players are unable to zone into an instance due to an instance limit being hit, which results in a message stating that additional instances cannot be launched. This limit was implemented as a short-term solution to preserve the gameplay for players who are already in an instance and to prevent numerous issues that can happen when too many instances are active at the same time, but we are currently working on better solutions to ensure that players can get into instances when they want to.

As one of the solutions to this situation, we are in the process of modifying our hardware setup to allow for more instances to be active without negatively impacting the performance of these instances. Once this hardware reconfiguration is complete, we expect to see a noticeable reduction in the number of players hitting the instance limit. However, this improvement to the hardware is a complicated and delicate process that will also require extensive testing before it can be fully implemented, so it may be some time before the updates can be completed. We would like to assure you that this issue currently a top priority for us, and we are working on resolving it as quickly as possible.

Further information and updates regarding this will be provided as we make progress in this process. Thank you for your patience during this time.
    [ Post edited by Wryxian ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

if they created a queing system im sure players would prefer that.

eg. there are 14 more groups ahead of you to enter a instance eta x mins

simular to the one they had to allow you to enter a server back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Going to spend night on the alts, because the entrances to instances are jammed with people, defo Q system please

Maybe move to a less populated realm? im guessing you guys who always encounter this are on the realms they are offering the free transfers on now. I get it on my realm at peak times but its never more then a few mins.

• Advertisement

only problem is you'd be sort of leaving behind your entire guild and any friends you've made on your server.

Anti wrote: »
    Maybe move to a less populated realm? im guessing you guys who always encounter this are on the realms they are offering the free transfers on now. I get it on my realm at peak times but its never more then a few mins.

Azuremyst as far as I know isn't one of the big population servers, as it only opened last year. And it's never been one of the free transfer servers, so there is no way I'm paying Blizzard E20, to leave behind a guild that me and others have developed to try to start fresh on a new server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

It's a problem that will sort itself out in the long run, people will farm their emblems of conquest and get their gear. They will be sick of the farming and have the gear they want and the amount of people farming emblems with decrease. It sucks when you are going to the low level instances. It seems that it is easier to get into a higher level instance than a lower level one. That is what I find from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 philemon

A couple of more instance servers wouldnt' hurt though...

What I'm pissed about is that they're limiting spot numbers for old raids. I can still farm for tiger in ZG but it takes me about 40 mins to get inside (spot is lost upon death too...)

On a funny note, been waiting to get into ToC yesterday and after 10 mins I decided to do a small ritual.. Few rapid lightning shields coupled with bloodlust to show my dissatisfaction and lo and behold, we immediatly got in. We joked about it before the next run while trying to get into next instance so I popped bl again and we got in seconds after. :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

looks like there going to attempt to solve the problom today and tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

dubhdara3 wrote: »
    Azuremyst as far as I know isn't one of the big population servers

Azuremyst is being hit by the issue as well. Found midday weekend is the worst time.

Some people are now selling themselves to be portal jumpers for raid groups at busy time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Hobbes wrote: »
    Azuremyst is being hit by the issue as well. Found midday weekend is the worst time.

Some people are now selling themselves to be portal jumpers for raid groups at busy time.

I'm on that server , whats your name on it ? What guild ?

Koziar
    Horde Belf Paladin
    Guild is Known Copyright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sarge wrote: »
    I'm on that server , whats your name on it ? What guild ?

play a few diff characters. Guild is Twilight Heroes, ally side.

Advertisement