Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

diesel- put petrol in

• 10-08-2009 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

A Polish workmate has a car ’01 Mazda 323F in Poland. At one stage he filled it with petrol and the inevitable happened. He got it sorted at the time and it ran away fine for a time. Now it’s spluttering and dying. It will continue running if left turned on but when the car is warm, if he turns it off, it won’t restart. I know he has some mechanical knowledge but he has asked me to help him get the pump exchanged for a rebuilt unit here in Ireland. I want to help him but can’t help but feel he is doing it arse about face.

For a start, is it the pump that’s definitely knackered??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Good chance if it was run at all with petrol the pump can be damaged, at the very least the filter will need replaceing and the system bleed.
    There used to be a chap in Cork, Jim Wright, he did diesel system repairs, not sure if he's still there, went under Cork Diesel Injection Services I think..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

cantdecide wrote: »
    A Polish workmate has a car ......

ya right:rolleyes: heard that before...it was you wasn't it:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

philstar wrote: »
    ya right:rolleyes: heard that before...it was you wasn't it:cool:

A Mazda.........DIESEL!!!!!!!!!! ME??????? How very dare you!!!

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can find anything about him online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

cantdecide wrote: »
    A Mazda.........DIESEL!!!!!!!!!! ME??????? How very dare you!!!

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can find anything about him online
    I can get a number for him. I used him before and he is exelent. That is if he is still in the trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 simonmcf

change the plugs, run an injector cleaner through it also and it might help sort it out, my bro done the same last week, took me about 3 hours to get her running properly!

I drained the tank,but 10 liters of petrol in, drained her again, filled the tank and added in injector and petrol cleaners and ran her for about an hour at about 4000 rpm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

simonmcf wrote: »
    change the plugs, run an injector cleaner through it also and it might help sort it out, my bro done the same last week, took me about 3 hours to get her running properly!

I drained the tank,but 10 liters of petrol in, drained her again, filled the tank and added in injector and petrol cleaners and ran her for about an hour at about 4000 rpm

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ozzirt

Diesel fuel has a lot of lubricating properties and petrol has none. From what you say about starting hot etc, I'd say that there is a good chance that the fuel injection pump may be damaged or more likely the bore is scored, maybe a combination of both.

It will be expensive,...

Advertisement