Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying ants & ant infestation

Options
  • 10-08-2009 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

anyone know how to get rid of ants and flying ants? Had half my kitchen covered with them a few weeks ago and now they are residing right outside my back door.
    Tried ant powder, bombs and bleech but they are still trying to get in through the skirting . . . feeling itchy thinking about them :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭funkydunkey

had the same problem, used Jeyes Fluid. Worked a treat. Is very harmful to the environment so it is to be used carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ambrannigan

had the same problem, used Jeyes Fluid. Worked a treat. Is very harmful to the environment so it is to be used carefully.

I have 2 puppies at home and afraid to use something that they may lick and become sick . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

I had ants get into my room, went to Woodies and got bait. Little black boxes (2 for €7) that has poison in them, no more ants after about 2 days. You put the bait next to where you see the ants coming out of the ground, or as near to that as you can, and the worker ants carry the posion back to the nest and they all eat it and die!

Go Team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ambrannigan

BigAl81 wrote: »
    I had ants get into my room, went to Woodies and got bait. Little black boxes (2 for €7) that has poison in them, no more ants after about 2 days. You put the bait next to where you see the ants coming out of the ground, or as near to that as you can, and the worker ants carry the posion back to the nest and they all eat it and die!

Go Team!

Yes I did try this but unfortunately it did not work for me, there must be a big nest under the ground because they keep coming out of cracks in the patio and inside the house. Over two weeks now that they have been around. I thought it was only supposed to last a day or two each summer? Exterminator said his stuff was not as powerful as bleach so I havent bothered getting him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dabl

It sounds like the flying ants you're talking about could be blackfly. Apparently the ants are "farming" the blackfly. If you look closely they might be dragging them down undergound with them. So I would say they are harmless, they don't lay eggs or anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement